“The place to go for a special night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lake House - MOVED

The Lake House
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bayport, New York
“The place to go for a special night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We went there last night for our anniversary and it was perfect. Had a great view of the lake that my daughter enjoyed so much. The food was excellent and the service was great, they are attentive to their customers. It is a little bit pricey but I believe it's worth it. This will definitely be on our go-to list.

BAY SHORE
“One of the best restaurants on LI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

A talented husband & wife own this restaurant, and everything is prepared with care. The food & service are outstanding. The LakeHouse is pricey, but you get what you pay for.

New York City, New York
“Worst Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I do not even know where to begin when I think about this restaurant and my experience with the waitstaff, manager and owner. TERRIBLE service, UNPROFESSIONAL staff, RUDE and UNACCOMIDATING is an understatement. I will never return to this establishement again. There are TOOOO many amazing restaurant on Long Island that treat their clients with much more respect then this poor excuse for an establishment. STAY AWAY.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Jennifer B
ny
“Why Bay Shore, LI should matter to foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

The Lake House has become irresistible, in the three years since I first ate here; I just celebrated my latest birthday here. From the first sip of its superb (& innovative) cocktails to the last, guilty bite of its desserts, it tempts me to overindulge. Its fare indeed is THAT good, its best room that elegant, its servers that obliging, that I need no other reason to go so outoftheway as Bay Shore, Long Island -- and, compared to Manhattan, a bargain. Sweet & salty oysters from both of America's coasts; the lightestly-crisped calamari & pork cheek; a *new* take on gnocchi; tenderest ribs and herbed, cod fillet; a perfect wine recommended; fine souffle without pre-ordering! More than I can fit into allowed space . . . .

• Visited May 2012
Long Island, New York
“Disappointing....Will never return.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

Tonight, I cancelled a reservation at NYCs One If By Land, Two If By Sea as I did not want to travel into the city. This was for our Wedding Anniversary, the day after Valentine's Day and my spouse searched on LI for a romantic spot. He found this place online. I wish he hadn't. The decor is boring and plain. Some full drapes at the windows would go a long way to improving that, but even more than that would be helpful. Food: Both of our appetizers were very good. He had chicken pate' and I had a pappardelle with braised lamb and vegetables. Our entrees were as follows: I had the duck along with a duck and fruit sausage with lentils and port cherry sauce. The former was good, but not spectacular, the latter, the sausage, was bland. I generally clean my plate. I left most of the sausage and all the lentils. My husband had the pork chop with spaetzle and Chestnut-Armagnac Sauce. He takes clients out to dinner at major restaurants all over the country. He knows good food. He was not happy with the overly salty sauce and chop in general. He tried to scrape off the sauce to get rid of the salty taste, but the entire chop appeared to be salty as well. Our shared dessert was supposed to be a brioche banana bread pudding and chocolate ice cream. Well, it was tasty but someone forgot the bananas! (not even a hint of banana) Our waitress was average and will not be helping her boss make any money. We ordered our drinks before ordering and each a glass of water. We finished our drinks, and were never even asked if we wanted another (we did, but ended up drinking the one glass of water a piece instead as she was more attentive to the bartender than us). The bar bill would have been higher as would her tip. I have passed this place by many times and always wanted to try it out. I am sorry that we wasted our money on our special date. The prices are too high for the average quality of the food and the poor service. Next year, I WILL return to one of my favorite spots for awesome food, excellent service and wonderful atmosphere: One If By Land, Two If By Sea down on the Village in NYC. I cannot give this NYC landmark enough praise!

• Visited February 2012