“For the most part - good!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Bath Hammondsport

Days Inn Bath Hammondsport
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bath
Shokan, New York
“For the most part - good!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed 3 nights and in general, very nice. Had a 5th floor room and the view would have been pleasant, if the window was washed occasionally. dirty from water dripping off the roof. When using the stairs from the 5th floor there was a full cup of coffee and a chocolate chip cookie on the stairs. Obviously, no one looks to clean there. The exterior door at the bottom of the stairs did not close and latch completely, giving people access to the stairwell from outside (security issue). In the room, the receptacle for the air conditioning unit was hanging out of the wall by the romex cable - totally " illegal" and would not pass inspection. Otherwise, a pleasant experience - the people at the desk were polite, friendly and courteous.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
crystal a, General Manager at Days Inn Bath Hammondsport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I am happy to hear that you had a good stay with us. However, I am unhappy to hear that you experienced cleanliness issues during your stay with us. This is not the customary experience at the Days Inn Bath. Please rest assured that your comments and concerns will be addressed. It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you in the future. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at 607-776-7644.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed there for 4 days, We got the best service at the Days Inn Bath, thank you.
Our room was clean. We enjoyed the Breakfast as well. the staff setting the Breakfast up was so nice, I truly wish I can remember there names. I went to the pool a couple of times. very nice. always coffee tea etc in the lobby. front desk staff was always there to take care of everybody's needs.
the hotel is close too many stores.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Keyur1176, General Manager at Days Inn Bath Hammondsport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Days Inn Bath. I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you found the entire staff friendly and accommodating. WE pride ourselves on providing an extremely great level of service and cleanliness. I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our indoor heated pool and hot complimentary breakfast in the morning. It is my hope that we will have another opportunity to accommodate you during any of your future trips to our area.
ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a mid point on route to Hershey Pennsylvania. Hotel was clean, and front desk very friendly and helpful . Our room was decent, not the best or worst I have seen, no bugs .Breakfast had enough choices, muffins, cereal, corned beef hash, eggs, toast, yogurt, and make your own waffles. This hotel was great value for the money we paid

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Keyur1176, General Manager at Days Inn Bath Hammondsport, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I am pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay with us at the Days Inn Bath. I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our free hot continental breakfast in the morning. We strive to provide a high standard of cleanliness and service to all our guests and it is my hope that we will have another opportunity to accommodate you during your future visits to the Fingerlakes region. Thank You for choosing the Days Inn Bath and I hope to get the chance to speak with you during any future visits.
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We just couldn't drive another minute after being on the road for twelve hours, so we got off the interstate in the middle of nowhere at the Bath exit and crossed our fingers. The only three hotels we saw were Super 8, Budget Inn, and Days Inn. The latter appeared to be the newest, as best we could tell in the dark.

At check-in, the lobby looked good enough and there were no odd smells. The elevator deposited us on the fourth floor and suddenly we weren't so sure ... torn wallpaper, old carpet. But when we opened the door to our room, we were actually quite pleasantly surprised.

Everything had obviously been updated. The carpet was newer, as were the walls, main ceiling, furniture. Even the bathroom had an updated tub, new tile, granite counter, sink, faucet, etc. Just the metal fixtures were older, and some were corroded - some had a little rust. There was no ceiling fan for showering, which probably contributed to the corrosion problem.

The non-smoking room was spotless clean and, unlike other supposed non-smoking rooms we've stayed in, this one actually had no smoke smell.

The TV was older, not a flat screen, but worked fine. The room was small but included some unexpected amenities, like a mini refridge and microwave, coffee maker, ironing board, hair dryer, and an almost full-length mirror.

Toiletries included shampoo and soap only - no conditioner or body lotion.

Furniture included an arm chair, a computer desk, a dresser, and two night stands. There really wasn't enough lighting ... the three lamps on one side of the room left the other side pretty dim.
Wi-Fi was free, but very slow and difficult to get connected.

The queen bed wasn't the very best I've ever slept in, but it was comfortable enough, as were the pillows. We didn't hear any noise from the hallway, though our room was right next to the elevator. There was no outdoor noise either.

Check out time is 11 a.m. so we were pleased when the desk clerk offered to extend ours till noon because we arrived so late. She could tell we were dead tired.

Free breakfast is served from 6-10 a.m. We missed it sleeping late, so can't comment on that.
There's a pool, but we didn't have time to used that either.

We've previously had some bad experiences at Days Inns, but this time I'm happy to report that this hotel actually merits both of its stars, and then some.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Keyur1176, General Manager at Days Inn Bath Hammondsport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
I am very pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you during your recent travels to the Fingerlakes Region. We pride ourselves on providing great service to all our guests. I am also pleased to hear that you found the guest service agent friendly and helpful upon arrival. It is my hope that you will be able to try our indoor heated pool and complimentary continental breakfast during your future visits. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your current stay and I look forward to speaking with you the next time your in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It was so dirty I wouldn't even take a shower or use the bathroom. I slept on a beach towel I had brought from home. We would have switched hotels had there been another available in the area. This hotel was dirty and disgusting. The tub had running water that would not turn off it had to been running for a long time as the tub had rusted. I would not allow my son to even shower. There was hairs in the tub not ours. The walls, carpet filthy. When I asked if they were in the middle of remodeling the staff said no. We were given a credit of $33.59. Breakfast - no thank you if the hotel looked like it did lord only knows what the kitchen looks like. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars
Keyur1176, General Manager at Days Inn Bath Hammondsport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I regret to hear that you experienced issues and concerns during your recent stay with us. We strive to provide each of our guests a clean and comfortable stay with us and assure you that your concerns will be addressed. It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the clean and accommodating stay that is customary here at the Days Inn. I would also like to extend an invitation to contact me directly to discuss this matter further. You can reach me at 607-776-7644.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
#2 of 4 in Hammondsport
4.5 of 5 stars 54 reviews
Americas Best Value Inn - Lodge on the Green
Staybridge Suites Corning

Been to Days Inn Bath Hammondsport? Share your experiences!