“DO NOT STAY!”

Days Inn Bath Hammondsport
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed June 3, 2012

WE booked a room here & was "reserved" by credit card......but, when we arrived, the front desk clerk stated they were sold out & she sold our room!!! so, seeing that an event was going on nascar!!! Nothing was available for hundreds of miles, so, we had to drive home 4 hours after midnite! & she still charged us for the room! had to fight Days inn to get credit back!

Room Tip: We once stayed here before & the wallpaper was peeling off the walls
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellsmart
abeelcrystal, General Manager at Days Inn Bath Hammondsport, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

First of all let me appologize for the problem you had, I see that you had this problem back in August 2011, can you please give me some details so i can look into this and try to figure out what went wrong. you can personally contact me through phone or email.
My email address is keyur.patel@visions-hotels.com or you can contact me directly at 607-776-7644.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Bath Hammondsport

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Came to the Finger Lakes area for the holiday weekend. The room we were given should not have been rented out...at least without an explanation of why it was in the condition it was...and we should have been given a discount.

Tiles were missing in the bathroom ceiling, as well as mold growing around the tub area. The air conditioner didn't work either. The entire place is aged and needs work.

The continental breakfast was stale, the toaster not working...and the waffle iron not cleaned properly, as the waffles were dotted with black stuff.

The service desk personal and employee working the breakfast seemed nice enough...I actually was embarrassed for them.

We did stay a second night as it was a holiday and other hotels were already booked. We were put into a different room, and breakfast was better the second morning.

Not the quality that we come to expect from a chain hotel.

Room Tip: Spend a few more dollars...if you can...and go someplace else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Bath, NY for your choice hotel while visiting the finger lake area. I would like to apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. We try to meet our guest needs and I am sorry yours stay was uncomfortable.we have given 25 % discount for the trouble. It is our hope that you will give us another chance and also want to thank you for pointing out the problems so we can improve ourselves to meet every guest expectation.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We ended up not wanting to drive any further to Manhattan and stopped in without reservation. They were quick with checking us in and polite. It was cheap and effective. The room was average, two double beds (that was the cheapest room).The linens and towels were clean! There is a great continental breakfast considering what we paid. The hotel itself is older and a bit run down. There are stains on the ceiling in the rooms and lobby. The tub's non-slip mat was peeling making a bath impossible unless you wanted to soak in other people's soap scum. The shower wouldn't stay at a constant temperature and rather than dance around medium it goes hot to cold, so if you have to shower I suggest perhaps stick it out?! I'm not sure how the air conditioner works but the heat when turned on made a horrid burning smell but it didn't turn out to be too cold overnight. For a night this hotel worked for us.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Days Inn Bath, i would like to apologise for the problem you had and please know that your feedback is extremley improtant to us in making improvements, it is our hope that you will give us another chance. If there is any travel needs that i can accomodate while you are back in this area please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 607-776-7644.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed at this property for one night in February 2012. Front staff was very pleasant and check-in was quick and efficient. Travelled with a friend and my dog, so finding dog-friendly accommodations can be difficult and somewhat sparse to say the least.

We arrived around 11:00 p.m. and checked out by 7:00 a.m., so there was not much time to view the property in greater detail.

The room was adequate for our needs, and although the property is older, they try to keep the rooms clean and comfortable. The ‘bones’ of the property (hallways / common areas, etc) were very old looking, but I wasn’t sleeping in the hallway, so it didn’t matter that much to me. My three main concerns at any hotel property are as follows:

1) Clean bedding – no ‘hairs’ or any other unsanitary remnants left behind by previous occupants
2) Clean bathroom – I fully understand that some ‘older’ properties will (most likely) have some sort of ‘build-up’ in a corner or something, so I am willing to ‘forgive’ certain minor things due to the age of the property (have a look in your own home…this does happen over the years, no matter how meticulous you think you are). However, I do expect the toilet, sink, tub / shower and floor area to be clean and properly stocked.
3) A fairly civilized (safe) neighborhood / location

I think that most people are far, far too ‘picky’, and will always (try to) find things to complain about – no matter how small or insignificant.

One must remember that if you decide to book a hotel room at a property that is older and cheaper (than most) and is located in a very small community, then you shouldn’t expect the room to have top of the line elegant furnishings with the finest Egyptian linens and a 40” flat screen television. If that is what you are looking for, then ante up and pay for those ‘luxuries’ at a higher end property. If, like me, you have more important things to spend your money on, then this is a place for you; if you want an adequate room at a reasonable price, in a reasonable neighborhood.

On another note, I was surprised that the breakfast was as substantial as it was. I was not expecting bacon and eggs at all, but they had it here (although the bacon was by far the thinnest sliced bacon that I’ve ever seen). They also had cereals, waffles (machine), muffins, breads, juice, coffee, etc.; so no shortage of edibles for having a decent breakfast at no extra cost to you.

Also, (literally) right across the street from the hotel, there was a grocery store (Tops, I believe) with a Tim Hortons inside (for those who love their Timmies). 

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LJkooLJ

Thank you for taking time to fill out the Trip Advisor. We appreciate all the guests insights so we can meet every guest needs, reviews from guests is the best way to find out about the hotel perfomance and it helps the hotel in improving, we take all the guests reviews very seriously because it is coming straight from the guests.
Again i would like to thank you for your input.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

On February 19 we drove farther north than we had planned from Centralia, PA. We didn't want it to be a "driving" day but it turned out to be, as many of the small towns on our way home didn't have suitable accommodations, so we decided to stop in Bath, NY, because it looked on the map like there was not much else between there and the border, in which case we might as well have driven home to Grimsby, Ontario and that would have been a long and arduous journey to take in one day on what was supposed to be a relaxed exploring long weekend in the Appalacians. SO, to make a long story short, we chose the Days Inn in Bath because it looked a little more promising than the Budget Inn next door. We had to wait for someone to show up at the front desk, but when she did we found out that the room would only be $50, not bad to us Canadians, and we found out there was a heated pool in the hotel, which was a nice thing to hear considering we'd been counting on using our bathing suits at some point on our spontaneous road trip. So we paid for the room and went out to get our stuff while a barefooted crazy-looking guy spoke in low tones to the receptionist and promptly ran for the elevator. (I can't explain that). Anyway, when we came back in with our stuff we got on the elevator, which was small and dirty, and got out on the 5th floor, where the barefooted crazy-looking guy greeted us a little too enthusiastically before jumping back into the elevator, and we went into our room (where I can only assume the barefooted crazy looking guy had been moments earlier, ensuring the room was presentable).
Oh, Bath. The room was...not presentable, but neither was it uninhabitable. The first thing we did was smell the sheets, because no matter how bad a hotel room is, the sheets should always, ALWAYS be clean. And clean they were. (Clean they smelled, anyway.) The floor was covered in crumbs and who knows what, maybe ashes, since it WAS a smoking room (which would account for the musty, grungy smell) and in a room where the windows don't open, I can hardly complain about that. And I know there's no way the barefooted crazy-looking guy would have had time to vacuum the room before we hauled our necessities up there, although you'd think the room would have been vacuumed after the last occupants left. But in Bath, NY, the Days Inn is an old and tired establishment, as already noted by a fellow reviewer, and I must say is a very perceptive description.
We made the best of it, although we could have gone back down to the desk and asked to be upgraded to a jacuzzi room, which was only $25 more for the night, but by then it was already dark and we were tired and ready to eat and go to sleep. So after setting the ancient air conditioner/heater to full blast fresh air, we went across the street to the Tops market and bought a fully cooked chicked for $5 along with some grapefruit and avocado and chips and brought it all back to the room for dinner. Happily there was a fridge in the room to stow our leftovers. We watched a special about the Concordia disaster in the Meditteranean on one of the surprisingly many TV channels available and ate the food and drank our beer, and at one point my darling went back downstairs to the car to get a knife so we could more easily eat the chicken and ran into some rather strange people, two women and a man, who suggested he should meet them in the pool later, which of course finalized our decision not to venture into the pool area that night.
There was a complimentary breakfast the next morning, which might have been good had there been any hot water left to enjoy a nice herbal tea, and off we went.
In conclusion, stay at the Days Inn in Bath if you must. But you don't have to like it. It's okay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

I would like to offer my sincere apology for the problems you had, First of all let me start by saying we do let any body into the room that are not an hotel employee or the guests. Please know that your thoughts and you recommendation is very useful to us in improving the hotel. It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in future.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

This hotel is old and tired. We got two rooms and fortunately our friends international friends got the better of the two rooms. There are not many choices of lodging in this area of Finger Lakes that are affordable for what you get.

On the positive side: The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and the continental breakfast was good. Our room had a refrigerator which was a pleasant surprise. There is a large Tops grocery store across the street and the staff are wonderful there.

We wanted to hike Watkins Glen Gorge and did so in spite of cold rain. Drove into Watkins Glen for lunch and found Rooster Fish Brewing. Great beer and food.

They allow dogs which I think could be a problem for folks with allergies staying in the room after a dog has been there. We had no such problems ourselves.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Stayed there with my wife for a weekend away in the area. Was not happy with the cold reception on arriving to check in. We were ignored while a woman counted money! Another much nicer woman arrived and was instructed to "take care of them"...charming. The hotel is as others have stated, a bit "dingy" with a smell of old carpet and mustiness in the hallways. There is only one (cramped) elevator, so if you are able, use the stairs as it's much faster! The room is OK (paid $88 for the night); but the DVD player wouldn't work? When reception was called we were told "I don't know how to fix DVD players. Maybe you can figure it out yourself?" Wonderful response! The place does need updating; and the "breakfast" leaves a lot to be desired! The food was stale and the "hot" items were inedible and cold. I ended up settling for some sub-par coffee and a few muffins! Even my wife, who is usually very tolerant, left her food behind. We have contacted Days Inn Corporate office and we'll see what the response is. My advice...find another place to stay!

Room Tip: No tip in this instance is a good tip.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
#3 of 4 in Hammondsport
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#6 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Days Inn Bath Hammondsport? Share your experiences!