“different stay, same result”

Days Inn Bath Hammondsport
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I swore I would never stay here again, but unfortunately all the other hotels in the area were booked full. When we stayed here last fall we walked in to find a tooth pick laying on top of the bed..... this time, we moved a chair and low and behold a tooth pick layed on the floor! The decor is about 20 years too old, and there is missing tile from around the sink (our friends have the same condition in their room too). Our friends found stains on their bathroom towels. On the plus side, there is a small refrigerator and microwave along with internet via eithernet cable. They need to tear this hotel down and start over... Avoid the mexican restaurant inside the hotel - made me sick for days!! there is a very nice one on the way to Hammondsport.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Bath Hammondsport

Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed here while doing wine tours on Keuka Lake. We found a tooth pick laying on the bed when we first entered our room. There is no wireless internet, but they do provide a cable for wired internet. We wanted to go swimming but the lights were out and the pool area was locked. I spent this morning in the bathroom after eating at the mexican place located in the hotel. Lamp fixtures on the wall look like they are about to fall off. We thought the price was a bit much for the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2010

I booked this room through Hotels.com I was going to book a room at the Budget Inn but they said that this hotel was better & at the same price . was very pleased with the room,We was in town for The Family Life Network Sharathon to volnteer very convenent to the Family Life Center the breakfast was good but was out of some items but overall was pleased with our stay Would recomend it for a quick overnight stay although we did not use the pool the pool was nice. we would stay again if we come to the Bath Area again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Received a urine soaked bed and then the front desk staff did not bring the requested cot. The staff were terrible and when I told them they were terrible they called my room to say I had to apologize or leave. No wake up call given, elevator out of order, management hires young, uneducated, and unprofessional workers who are in over their head. Worst hotel experience I have ever had and I have stayed ay many no frills places as a sales rep. Do not stay here if you have any other option.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn during the Wineglass Marathon. We hadn't planned on staying here but our other hotel (the Vinehurst Inn) lost our reservation! It was around 9 pm the night before the race when we called to see if they had vacancy (every place within a 50 mile radius was booked solid). They said they had one smoking room available, but they couldn't hold the reservation over the phone, we had to walk in to get it. We raced over there (about 10 minutes later) but they had given it away by then. We told Katherine, the woman at the front desk, our story and she felt awful. She pulled some strings and was able to get us some sort of "emergency" room that they didn't normally let guests stay in.

We were so very grateful to her and the hotel to find room for us. It's not often that you kind find people who are able to make executive decisions rather than following a set policy. We experienced such great service the whole stay. We couldn't find anything wrong with the room and it was $10 cheaper per night than the place we originally booked! The bed may not have been the most comfortable and the tv wasn't a flat screen, but the room was very clean and the whole staff was just so nice.

I have never before written a review before this experience, but I would HIGHLY recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was roomy and clean. The continental breakfast was one of the best ones I've seen with a good mix of hot foods, cereal, and bagels and muffins. They even have flavored creamers for the coffee. The wifi was excellent. The elevator was also a big plus as I had to transport heavy objects to my room. I will be staying there again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2010

my gf and arrived late in the afternoon to a unprepared room, the room was unsecured, and there were no towels and water in the bottom of the tub. I asked the housekeeping staff member on the hall about the condition of the room and she replied that she just needed to supply the towels...she never did, and we had to go to the front desk ourselves. The hotel provided a continental breakfast, it was unorganized and understaffed. nothing was timely, you would have thought that this was there first time they ever offered breakfast.

After a day on Senaca Lake, tasting wine, timing our trip to give time for a safe trip back to the hotel, only to discover that our room was not cleaned and there were no clean towels. After complaining to the front desk, we were told that there was only one clean towel in the hotel. Strangely enough, the next morning we discovered that there were two additional towels on the upper shelf...which means the housekeeper was in the room, but didn't clean it. this was one of the worst hotel experience I've ever had in this country.

I DID NOT GET WHAT WE PAYED FOR.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
#3 of 4 in Hammondsport
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#6 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Days Inn Bath Hammondsport? Share your experiences!