“Worst Night's Sleep Ever”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed November 30, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed here with 2 other couples after a wonderful day of touring the local wineries. We chose it because it was close to the highway and easy for all of us to meet, as well as had a great rate for a queen-bed suite. It also was newly renovated and it got some great reviews on this site. When we got there, they asked me if I was willing to change my room from a suite to a regular room with 2 beds because they had overbooked their suites. I said no because I had made my reservations over a month in advance and didn't think I should have to change for their mistakes. So -- then they said, well would I like an upgrade to their jacuzzi room for the same rate. I said ok to that. Well - what they neglected to tell me was that the "upgrade" put us in a room on the first floor, right down the hall from the front desk and next to the stairwell. This was the noisiest room I have EVER stayed in. The hotel was full because hunting season had opened that day, so our "neighbors" were hunters that not only stayed up till midnight talking (and I could hear every word), but were also up at 4 a.m. to leave for hunting the next morning. Between them getting up and making noise and the CONSTANT banging of doors and trampling down the stairs, my husband and I were up the entire time. I got maybe 3 hours of sleep....and it was not all at once. It was terrible! No one should ever stay in that room by all that activity -- and it should not be considered an UPGRADE! To top it all off, the next day when my husband went to the front desk after getting up at 6 a.m. - he asked for the manager and they said there wasn't one to talk to. He'd have to call on Monday. And apparently there was no one of authority to deal with our problem. And when he did finally reach the manager (after he left a message and she never got back to him) - all she did was give him 15% credit. That's like $12. My breakfast cost me more than that. Overall - the hotel itself was clean and new -- but the service as terrible and the noise was unbearable. I'd never stay there again - no matter how good a rate I was getting!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy0807
Write a ReviewReviews (1,068)

Reviewed November 11, 2010

This motel was much more than I expected. Clean. Quiet. Nice simple breakfast to go. Easy access to highway

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Microtel Inn & suites in Bath, NY during our wine tasting excursion. We have stayed here since it opened a few years ago & loved it. We picked it because of the easy access, location to the lakes & the price. All of which were & still are ideal. During the last 2 years however we have seen a slow slide in housekeeping & practices. We arrived on a early afternoon Friday. Granted we were 45min early for check-in, but the parking lot wasn't near full. We were told our room wasn't ready yet, but we could have a handicap room if we wanted. A handicap room! What would they do if someone really needed that room? We kindly declined, & returned later that night after wine tasting & dinner. At first the room it seemed fine. However upon entering the bathroom, my wife noticed that the wash rags seemed a little dirty. We also found hair in the tub & on the bathroom floor. Continental breakfast in the morning seemed a bit sparse, unorganized, & hard to move around. Cereals were not labeled & trash was over flowing from the containers. Maybe the staff was having a bad week? Who know? All in all, yes I might stay here again, but I would consider other options first.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BoyertownMusik
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed one night. Easy check-in and check-out. Rooms are small but clean, comfortable and have all the necessities. It's a place to sleep and go. Lobby is basic and breakfast too is basic but adequate.
Room cost is extremely reasonable and the fact you get a breakfast at all, is a bonus. if you want a gourmet breakfast, go spend $ 30-50 more down the street.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The hotel reeks of smoke. Eventhough, our confirmed reservation was a guaranteed non-smoking room with 2 beds, the manager decided to move us to a smoking room with 1 less bed. Tyler, the front-desk guy was very rude and claimed he had no authority to change it back.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2010

This Bath Microtel is similar to others we've stayed at. The rooms are adequate, seem to be at least as clean as the average...the towels here were dingier than ususal, but I don't think that's a big deal. The stafff at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. My complaint is with breakfast. The area itself was really messy. They were out of coffee during breakfast hours 3 times. There was no fruit or yogurt, which I have really come to rely on because I don't do alot of starch. My husband was annoyed they ran out of coffee lids. The price was right so I would stay again, just not plan on breakfast. (I'm going to write review on cute breakfast place.)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank juri62
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Visited this hotel on my way to visit my son at Geneseo. The hotel room I received was a smoking room, and I am a non smoker. The rate i received was very low because it was a smoking room. In the future I would pay extra to have an non-smoking room. There is not much to do in Bath, NY, so at night I traveled to a lovely town called Hornell, NY to go to the movies. During the day I traveled not far to Hammondsport, NY to visit Wineries. I also traveled to Watkins Glen, to visit the state park and had a great time. I would highly recommend this hotel, it was reasonable and near many attractions I enjoyed. One comment the room I had contained two queen-size beds and only had two draws to put your clothes. It was enough room for one person, but not if there were four in my room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Super 8 Bath Hammondsport Area
Best Western Plus The Hammondsport Hotel
Budget Inn Bath
Budget Inn Bath
#3 of 4 in Bath
Staybridge Suites Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Days Inn Bath Hammondsport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath? Share your experiences!