“Nice property, recommended”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bath
Columbus OH
“Nice property, recommended”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My wife and I stay 3 nights while visiting the Finger Lakes area. We reserved an accessible, non-smoking room which was ready upon our arrival. The room was well kept, clean, and comfortable as expected. A nice touch is the flat panel TV!

Each of the staff I encountered was pleasant and ready to provide any assistance requested. The breakfast seemed limited, but I was late to arrive so I'm not sure of the early offerings.

I do wish that Microtel would offer king size beds, however the queen bed was comfortable.

The only downside I found was that the room directly above was occupied by a family with very active children who could be heard and felt running all of Saturday evening. Sunday and Monday the crowd had thinned and the area quieted!

I highly recommend this property as both an above average motel and a very good bargain.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Buffalo NY
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Based on other TripAdvisor comments, Microtel Inn good choice for the single traveler or 2. Reservation in order, easy access off I-86. Room was truly compact-about the size of a small to medium priced cruise ship cabin rooom. Flat screen TV, coffee maker, hairdryer as indicated in website. Room cost acceptable for comfort & amenities. Bed & pillows very comfy. Room quiet at night, unlike some properties located close to interstates or highways. Recommended by business associates I was spending 2 days with. Breakfast ordinary-mostly breads, cereals, juices watered down. Coffee ok. Chain type restaurants for a quick meal within walking distance. Otherwise, drive to locally owned restaurants offering home cooking.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Oxford, MI
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Woman at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. The room was small but met my needs as a solo traveler well (clean, comfortable bed, small frig, desk, and TV). I used the treadmill in the fitness center in the morning . The breakfast provided consisted of muffins, toast, bagels and cold cereal. I had a decent cup of coffee and skipped the rest of the meal. All in all a good experience at an exceptional rate.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed March 17, 2010

This motel was a pleasant surprise. It isn't a full service motel, but so comfortable and clean for its level of service. There wasn't a pool which probably helped keep the price so low. The beds were wonderful with the room having a flat screened tv.

We stayed on the first floor which was wonderful. The employees were so nice making us feel right at home. The breakfast was adequate with juice, cereal, bagels, English muffins, muffins, peanut butter, cream cheese, etc. A decent spread for the very reasonable price (The room was $48.50 plus tax with AAA, two queen beds, nonsmoking, one adult, two children in March).

We will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Jackie T
Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I was originally to have stayed here in October/08 however when I arrived in town, they were still doing interior construction, there had been delays and it didn't open until about two weeks later. That's OK as I stayed here on my next bi-annual trip and was I impressed! IT was my first stay at a Microtel and certainly will not be my last. Check-in was smooth, they gave me a great rate because I was in the area for a few days. The elevator was steps from the front desk and took me to a somewhat small but well appointed room. Queen bed, 32" flat screen TV hanging on the wall over the desk, very nice desk - lots of work space and even had a combined power/ethernet hub with retractable network cable. Nice touch! There was also WiFi although I only used the wired ethernet hub. The standup closet was AMAZING. OK, I'm a guy and normally we don't notice but I noticed! It was very tall, ironing board inside, lots of room to hang clothes, upper shelf with iron although unless you are 6' tall, you might have to stand on a chair to get to it...I did! The bathroom was very nice with a custom tub surround. There was a very uniquely designed "day lounge" that ran nearly the entire width of the room next to the window. It was basically a shelf, so to speak, about 4 feet off the floor and completely covered with a thick comfortable continuous pillow. I used it both to sit on and place some of my smaller luggage. "Better than" continental breakfast daily was included in the price! Better than meaning more than coffee and muffins. There was a selection of cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, a variety of other baked goods, toast (brown and white), orange and apple juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh milk and even fresh batter and a timed cooker to make your own hot waffles! One minor "issue" was that my room was directly over the check-in counter and front door of the hotel and I could hear muffled conversations with the staff and guests. It appears that the contractors may not have insulated the first floor ceiling as well as they might have. The other minor issue was that they could not take my hotel loyalty card for points as promised when I made the reservation. I reserved with what I found out later was an outsourced central call center that was part of a large chain and had a loyalty program. They call center said that all Microtels accepted their loyalty card. Well, they "did" accept it but had stopped because Microtel was in the process of launching their own loyalty program with their own card. They could not give me one at the hotel, I had to call and order and after receiving it call back to ask to credit me with this stay. Now that I have it, no big deal. Chalk it up to miscommunication at the call center. Would I stay here again? Yes and I'd stay at ANY Microtel! I had stayed at their competitor down the street 6 months earlier and yes, I paid about $5 more per night but it was well worth it!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank VE3JMR
Ohio
Reviewed January 29, 2010

My husband, son and I stayed 2 nights in the 1 queen suite. This was our first time to the Finger Lakes and to the hotel. The area is gorgeous. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. Our suite had a micro and fridge. Saves lots of money on eating out since we just packed a cooler! Has a sofabed but my son is little so we kept it closed. The room is very spacious. The staff was very kind and helpful. Will definetly stay here again on our way to the Catskills in the fall of 2010.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TMZLPN
Toronto
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We stayed for an overnight at the Microtel on our way to Toronto, coming from Florida. The suite was very comfortable, with a separate sitting area. We were surprised to learn that a continental breakfast was included. Hotel facilities look pretty new. Although it is not a high-end hotel, everything looked tidy cleaned and staff was very helpful. We brought our small dog with us. The asked for a $15 fee, which I think is very reasonable.
I would highly recommend the Microtel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TorontoTraveler22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Super 8 Bath Hammondsport Area
#1 of 6 in Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath? Share your experiences!