“NOT WHAT I EXPECTED.”
Review of Ponderosa Steakhouse - CLOSED

Ponderosa Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have been to ponderosas out in jersey, and this was nothing in comparison to them. It was not what I expected at all. I would actually compare it to a fast food joint. Food was soggy and tasted old.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Hubby was determined to eat here as he had never been to one before. I nicely tried telling him that it was nothing to brag about.
I'm a healthy eater and just had salad bar and steamed veggies. Mine was good but not worth $15, including drink.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I've been here a few times when travelling through. We don't have Ponderosa in Canada anymore so I enjoy this restaurant.

The dining room is quite large with mostly booths, some are looking a little tired but overall a well kept room. The servers always seem to go out of their way to keep everything clean and have come around to my table to ask if they can take dishes away.

I usually order the salad and food bar because of the variety. The food is OK and price right for the quality. The nacho cheese could be looked at more often, I like nachos but when the cheese congeals when it's supposedly hot, I'll choose something else. The salad bar is always fresh and they typically have one or two hot soups on. IT the same all you can eat dessert bar, I usually go after the soft ice cream.

Overall, OK place and good value. Quite a decent family style restaurant that won't kill the travel budget.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

what you would expect. lots of food on buffet hot and good. got a 20 percent when you stay at microtel.only a couple blocks from the hotel.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This restaurant needs alot of work. A full remodel is long overdue. The ceiling is warped, the molding is falling off the wall and the floors are dirty. I was there for lunch but never again. The hostess was new and was not trained. The kitchen area had open doors that exited into the
restroom hallway.....yuk.
The salad bar was decent and reasonably set up. This was the high point. The Chicken sandwich and fries were awful.
They were overcooked, flat and tasteless. Very little professionalism at this time.
I would not stop here again.