“Great Comfort Food!!!!”

Chat-A-Whyle Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montpelier, Vermont, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Comfort Food!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

This place is the best!!!!! The best day is to go on sunday's. They have huge sunday dinners and in the morning they have a great breakfast buffet. But go for dinner on sunday you get your choice of soup or juice and two other sides a sticky bun or roll (get the amazing sticky bun) and it comes with your choice of many fresh deserts!!!! My favorite is coconut cream pie!!! The place is very clean and modern and the staff is very friendly!! If you go on sunday ask for Charlotte to wait on you she is the best!!!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Dillon T

Fort Worth, Texas
“Quintessential small town diner...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

In town for business everyone was recommending what we thought was the "Chedda-Wow". We all laughed when we discovered it was actually the Chat-A-Whyle! Down the street from a Wednesday downtown farmers market, this place was packed with a lunchtime crowd. Everyone was uber friendly...even the locals at nearby tables were chatty and friendly. The menu was typical of a diner and the senior crowd confirmed it. The salad bar looked great and featured a meat selection. I personally opted for a BLT and onion rings with ranch dressing. Delish. The green sweet tea was different but refreshing and great. Those with me all tried different salads which were fresh and crisp. Everything was great...but the winner was definatley the sticky bun! If there I highly recommend you try one. I'd definatley go back...even if I just wanted to chat a while with the locals!

• Visited September 2012
“good menu selection & service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Had lunch there two days in a row.Pros- Food was average, service good, place is nice and clean. good selection of items on the menu. Cons- overpriced and small potions.

Rochester, New York
“EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

This has to be the best restaurant I've ever been to in a very long time. We went on a Tuesday and they had fresh roasted turkey. REAL TURKEY!!!!! It was out of this world!! The hash browns were also very, very good. Not greasy at all. We also enjoyed their sticky buns, they were so good we took some home. The prices are fair and the food is so wonderful. You can't go wrong eating here. The server however could have been better. She didn't smile and I had to ask for a refill on my coffee.

Vero Beach, Florida
“Pleasant, casual dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Chat-A-Whyle is a pleasant family restaurant in downtown Bath, NY. It has a casual, local diner feel to it. You seat yourself in one of the two dining rooms and pay at the cashier stand when you're done. Service is friendly, but not especially attentive. Overall, we'd probably eat there again, but I wouldn't recommend it as special.

Our food was fine--nothing outstanding as particularly good or bad. I had country fried steak with mashed potatoes and white gravy. My husband had a fried shrimp basket. My husband got the last serving of peas and carrots, so I had applesauce instead. The salad bar looked OK, but minimal, and at at $3 extra, we didn't try it. The sticky buns were OK but nothing special.

Chat-A-Whyle is open until 8:00 PM on Monday and--at that hour--the street that Chat-A-Whyle is on appeared family-friendly with local stores and tree-shaded shops.