“Fantastic homemade Mexican food. Authentic and fresh”
Review of San Carlos Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

San Carlos Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Excellent Mexican food in Bath, NY (Finger Lakes) Who would think you would find an authentic Mexican restaurant in the little town of bath.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

While on business in Bath, NY a friend and I stopped at San Carlos for a lunch. I was very pleased with the homemade chips and salsa, complimentary before the meal. (Get the hot salsa- excellent) The menu is varied with something for everyone. I got a lunch combination with a burrito, taco, and rice. I was extremely happy with the portion and the food was fantastic. The service was good as well. I don't believe I had dinner that evening it was so much food! I will come back.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We've been to San Carlos before, and while the service has been borderline, the good food always made up for it. BUT NOT TONIGHT! Again, the food was good, but I will not pay good money for food and service, to get the type of service we got tonight. We were eating an early dinner so there were only 2 tables of customers (a party of 2 and a party of 4 and 2 waitresses). When we walked in, we were told to find a table...no problem. But there we sat, waiting for the menus. Normally when they bring the menu, they bring the chips and salsa. but not this time. We had to finally asked for them. We both ordered a Margarita on the rocks with salt. Both came with no salt. The waitress said she could fix that, but then she wondered around the room pouring coffee, and just in general goofing off. When she finally took the drinks back to add the salt, she took them one at a time (even though she had brought both over at one time!). And the drinks tasted like she forgot the tequila! When we got the chips and salsa, the waitress asked if we wanted hot sauce too. I said yes. That never did come! When the meal came, she had forgot the bean soup I ordered and the quacamole that was supposed to be on the dish. She ended the evening by giving us SOMEONE ELSE'S CHECK! LAST VISIT THERE FOR US!!!!!

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I have been here on several occasions. We have always had great service and DELICIOUS food. Make sure u leave room for the tres leche cake...it was awesome!!! Highly recommended...it is nice to have great flavor in the area!

1  Thank 2foodys
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Am a foodie and love Mexican food. Have eaten in great Mexican food locales (Southwest, Texas, California and Atlanta). So far, haven't had good luck with Mexican in the Finger Lakes. Stopped into San Carlos on a whim for take-out. What a nice surprise! Food was excellent. The carne asada was well-seasoned and tender. Chile relleno was a lightly breaded poblano with Mexican cheese...delicious. Fresh guacamole with a lemony zing. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Six of us stopped here on our way out of town. It was Sunday at 12:30 and there was no one else there. We were a little concerned about that but it turns out that it was really good. We all had a different meal and everyone enjoyed theirs. The portions were large and we all left full. Service was good too. We will go back.