“Nice place”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had the pleasure of visiting here recently but didn’t visit on the best day I’m afraid. The setting is nice. The staff very good and the food very nice. It was just unfortunate that we visited when there were a few groups/families with young children who were allowed to just run around with little or no concern for other diners. My children were young once but they were never allowed to run around in a restaurant. It’s a shame as the staff had little influence on the kiddies.

Date of visit: March 2019
Holly G, Guest Relations Manager at The Akeman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi grahamg691,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the setting and the service you received.
We are proud to be a family-friendly venue and welcome young children into our pub throughout the day. We urge guests to voice concerns to our team, who can act upon if necessary.

Kind regards,
Molly
The Akeman Inn Team

Write a reviewReviews (934)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We love the Akeman Inn at Kingswood. The food menu offers variety and the drinks list is pretty darn good too. We had an excellent meal on our last visit there on the 15th September. It was a lovely day and very busy due to lots of folks enjoying the good weather, but the lovely Marisa did warn us that it would be slower service. The slower service actually made the experience more leisurely. We both had the scotch egg and the pollo picante, which were well cooked and full of flavour. Had an excellent bottle of Mersault with the food and, all in all, had a most pleasurable afternoon. Always a winner for us.

Date of visit: September 2019
Oakman I, Guest Relations Manager at The Akeman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Derek,

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. And we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards
Chris

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I drive 17 miles for a meal here a few times a week and I am never disappointed. The staff are awesome, led by Roberto who is excellent.
I ordered roast lamb, which comes with a huge yorkshire pudding. My lovely lady ordered roast chicken. Its always prepared very well and we enjoyed it immensely. We were served by Marissa who always is attentive, customer focussed and always has a smile on her face.
You can be assured we shall be there again pretty soon.

Hi oxfordmnk,

Thanks for taking the time to leave this great review! We're so glad to hear of your regular visits and that they'll be continuing!

Kind Regards,
Rhiannon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Out for a ride in the last of the summer sunshine and felt this was a place to visit as it wasn’t to far to go with friends on our motorcycles
When arrived the place looked busy so we knew it wasn’t a quick visit understandably first impression at the bar it all seemed to much trouble for the barman he was rude we asked for a desperado and was greeted with what’s that also a pink gin and was told no we don’t have that obnoxious and down right rude should have turned round and gone home wish I had now
Found some seats at a table and sat down before being barked at by a waitress there’s a 45 minute wait for food not once but twice and the whole terrace looked at us as if we were doing something wrong I’m sure she was only being helpful but really and getting called guys this is my pet hate when you are with women I find it bad manners not only told 45 minutes wait minimum nobody actually come to the table to take an order had to go and find another waitress as the one shouting 45 minutes didn’t come back please don’t call people guys it’s not nice and bad lazy manners
We ordered the 3 meats roast dinner was expensive for what you had 2 really small roast potatoes and hardly any meat for a 3 meat roast expected more to be honest found it was quite disappointing at £21,95 felt conned definitely not worth that money regardless of what excuse they may come back with avoid it at all costs to expensive by a long shot it sounds nice but no way is it good value for money also one of the party had the fish and chips again disappointing as the fish was mainly batter so don’t be conned by that dish the waitress said when she dropped the food of it didn’t look great she was right we did bring it to the attention of the waitress again when she was cleaning the table down and she said oh dear but that was pretty much it no offer of a discount the other members of the party had pizza this was ok but not cut up when we asked could this be done she was told can get you a knife and you have to cut it up yourself now that’s bad service from the waitress and the kitchen that it wasn’t done cut it yourself never heard that before in all my years of eating out overall I’d say pretty poor customer experience and poor food for the money never again I definitely would not go back I’m afraid nice place and garden but food below par and poor customer experience we spent well over a hundred pounds yes £100 plus of our hard earned money with you including drinks so I just want to remind you Akeman restaurant below your responsibility please note and deliver in the future to all your patrons

By virtue of the Consumer Rights Act it was an implied term of the contract we had that the food would be as described on the menu and of “satisfactory quality” [and that the service would be provided with ''reasonable care and skill

You are therefore in breach of contract

I’m not a serial
Complained but this is justified regardless as this was the experience we received

Date of visit: September 2019
Oakman I, Guest Relations Manager at The Akeman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi davidbJ1599GU,

Thank you for taking the time to write out this review. I'm disappointed that this wasn't brought to the attention of a manager on the day you visited, where we could have addressed this sooner and avoided having you feeling this way after leaving us.

Our fantastic team would never 'bark' at any of our guests - we apologise if this was how it was interpreted, however any comments about waiting time was purely informative and not malicious. We appreciate that you realised we were busy when you visited and were prepared for a longer wait - our team just wanted to ensure that all our guests understood this.
The atmosphere of our venue is a welcoming environment and we wish for our guests to feel this comforting sense when dining with us - if our waiting team addressed you and your guests with a less formal approach than you expected, we apologise for causing this discomfort.

After speaking to the team, we're slightly confused by your comments. When being notified of the issues with your meals, our team offered to replace these with fresh dishes that better reflected our standards. We're glad that you had mentioned this to your waiter, where we were able to offer this - despite not being taken up on the change.
We're sorry to hear you feel that our menu doesn't reflect good value for money. Using the high-quality ingredients from sustainable, award-winning suppliers creates a wonderful range of dishes, but does reflect in the pricing of our menu. As per the above, any meals that do not represent this we will happily replace.

Once again, we do apologise for the way you felt after leaving The Akeman Inn, however, we do feel we did everything in our power to improve your experience when you joined us here.

Kind Regards,
Rhiannon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Popped in with my husband for an evening meal after driving by many times over recent years. Glad we finally did as its a lovely place, great decor and friendly staff. Both had pizza and it was delicious. Great service from our server marisa who was friendly and very talkative. Will defo be back in future.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thanks so much for the lovely comments and the 5 stars! Hope to see you again.
Benn