“Excellent”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Reviewed October 27, 2012

As I soon as I entered this hotel it was a wonderful experience! The girl at front desk I believe her name was Sara was super friendly and very efficient. Our room was very clean and spacious and the breakfast had a wide variety. Checking out was very quick and again all staff were extremely friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank laurie b

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Had a room on the second floor but there was no elevator which took us by surprise. Had to carry everything up the steps. The front desk staff was pleasant and did offer to help with the luggage. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was alright - nothing to brag about - cereal and prefab round eggs with prefab sausage that was a little tasteless. You could make waffles and there was cereal, yogurt, and other normal breakfast items to choose from. The pillows on the double-beds were half the size of a normal pillow and the view was of the parking lot. A typical stay just for sleeping on your way somewhere else.

Room Tip: Had the room next to the steps on the second floor. It was quiet...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ElizabethM670
Reviewed October 17, 2012

A good spot to stay if in Batavia. The front hotel staff are excellent and very accommodating. The morning breakfast was served at 6 a.m. for early departures. Breakfast was simple but fresh and tasty. The room was very clean and served our needs well. This hotel is located a nice distance from the thruway..and therefore the room was quiet.

Room Tip: good place to stay
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were driving home from Ohio back to Vermont, and stopped halfway before finishing the journey home. We chose this Comfort Inn based on a recommendation from family and I have to say that the place was adequate, but not remarkable. While it may not be fair to compare it to other hotels, I found the Hampton Inn, which we stayed at in Ohio the week before, to be much nicer. I believe the prices are comparable, and Hampton Inn has an indoor pool, which is key when you’re with kids. There is a Hampton Inn near to this Comfort Inn, not to mention several other options in the area.

The Comfort Inn wasn’t bad, and the service was fine. The people who checked us in and out were friendly, and it was nice to have a place to rest before hitting the road. The place just seemed to me to be a little less than pristine. It wasn’t dirty, but the decor seemed older and maybe a bit more rundown, and I could detect a faint odor in our room. It reminded me of a building that used to allow smoking but now did not, and even though they cleaned it and didn’t let people smoke, it still had some remnants of it. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it didn’t jump out at me as clean and new. My first impressions were not overwhelming.

The place was filled up, however, and had we not made a reservation, we would have been out of luck. The area near Buffalo and Niagara Falls is very popular this time of year, and it’s difficult to get a room in the area hotels. We ran into this problem on the way to Ohio.

Breakfast was included in the room, which is always nice. It was the standard breakfast that you get with most decent hotels, including the Hampton Inn: round pre-fab eggs, breads, make-your-own waffles, sausage, and cereal. As I mentioned, the place was full, and the breakfast room was packed.

Checking out was no problem, the service is excellent, and the location of the hotel made it a breeze to get back on the highway. All in all, the Comfort Inn was fine for what it was, an economical budget hotel, but if you’re looking for something that is a little nicer, there are definitely other options out there.

Room Tip: The pictures show a pool, but I don't recall seeing one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Fred L
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Unlike the Comfort Inn at 55 Hampton Park Boulevard, Capitol Heights, near FEDEX field which I recently reviewed, I found this Comfort Inn to be much more user friendly. The management and desk clerks went out of their way to ensure that our stay was comfortable, the breakfast enjoyable and the rooms clean. We spent 13 days at the hotel and whenever we are in the Batavia area again, this will be our Hotel of Choice.

Room Tip: There is no elevator in the hotel, those with problems climbing stairs should request a ground floor...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JACK10171
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Very pleased with our stay-the staff was friendly an helpful, the rooms were spotless and the hotel's location was convenient to the Thruway and not far from restaurants and shops. Hot breakfast buffet in the morning (nothing exciting but well stocked and clean) was appreciated. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again. It's only 15-20 minutes from
Darien Lake Amusement Park.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Although this is a nice property, beware of the price you are quoted. We had to stop as my husband wasn't well. The room rate was $189.99 which is unheard of on the road. I could not even get a AAA or AARP discount. We stayed in another Comfort Inn in Mercer PA. Same type of room for $76. Too bad the first property takes advantage of weary travelers.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple