Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Ontario
“No complaints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2006

My two daughters and I stayed at this hotel while on a quick getaway to Six Flags Darien Lake . Since we all prefer our own beds it is sometimes difficult to find a room that can accomodate the three of us but we found the executive suite here to be perfect for us. It was priced at below $90.00 a night and included 2 double beds plus a separate sitting area with a fold-out sofa bed, a very large room with 2 tv's. There was a nice indoor and outdoor pool and while we didn't eat there I did look at the menu and was impressed with the reasonable prices, especially for a hotel dining room. There's a Walmart just down the road to pick up snack items or cold drinks to put in the fridge.. It was quiet and staff were very friendly. No complaints from here.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank dianneon2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2006

Staying at this Holiday Inn in Batavia, NY made our vacation absolutely wonderful. While the building is an older one, the staff is so friendly and really go out of their way to serve their guests. We traveled as a family and it was truly a great place for us to stay. Try the food in the restaurant- our kids ate for free with their Holiday Inn program- the food and service was top notch!

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2005

I came here for funeral for my sister for one night and ended up stayng for two. I found the people here to be very friendly and very helpful. They offerd to help in any way possible. This hotel has all the comforts of home and my room looked as if it had just recently been renovated, and kept very clean. When I come back here to visit my family for Christmas,I will definatly stay here again. I have stayed at some other hotels in the area and they they don't even come close to the comforts offerd at this one.

• Stayed October 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2005

Hi,

We had the most unfortunate time of our life and that was staying at this so-called Holiday Inn, Batavia. First of all, calling this a Holiday Inn is itself a disgrace to Holiday Inn's name and reputation. There is no welcoming attitude at all. All the staff we found were either rude or strssed out. The management was terrible and lacked any kind of hospitality essence. Except for the size their operation was similar to a roadside slizzy motel. To pay 89 bucks a night is a simple rip off. How can they even pass the strict inspection of Holiday Inn is beyond me. The Holiday Inn should either check on its inspectors or somebody should go there and give a surprise visit. The rooms were rotten. It is an unhealthy atmosphere in the room. Bathrooms were so old that I would not even consider using it if I had another option.

So, please avoid this hotel and spread the word around that there are far better hotels within 20-30 miles of driving time.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank Mickey2009

Travelers are raving about these Batavia hotels

Syracuse, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2005

I booked this online after I [SOMEhow] concluded that this was the "best" place in the area (we wanted to spend the night after the DMB concert at Darien Lake)... I would HATE to see the "worst" place in Batavia. This Holiday Inn is pretty dumpy--even for the $89/night. The lobby is deceiving because it's decent looking, but the rest of the hotel is just plain worn and dingy. The restaurant is pathetic and I couldn't help feeling sorry for the people stuck working in this place--they were nice (including the girls at the front desk) and they''re the only reason I gave this 2 marks. Anyway, we're staying at the Holiday Inn Lake Placid in a few weeks at $300+/night (!!!) and I can only pray it'll be the opposite of this place!

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank kmbrlykat
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2004

Having grown up in Batavia this is where I used to stay when I came back in town for a visit. I have stayed there more than a dozen times over the years but each time it was a little more ragged. The last time I was there it was only beacuse I couldn't find anything else available. The place is just plain worn out and since Holiday Inn bought it I don't believe a single penny has been spent on fixing it up. I suggest the Hampton Inn just north of the Thruway if you want a nice quite and clean room.

6 Thank B52Brian
Lansing, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2004

We stayed at the Batavia Hampton Inn in August. It is a disgrace to the Hampton Inn name. Outside appearance is good but once you get to the door, it changes dramatically. Non-working elevator, skid-row filthy entrance, mildewed shower tile, bathroom door too warped to close, draperies hanging loose from the rods, dirty carpet, lobby almost devoid of furniture. And they have a 48 hour cancellation policy which makes it impossible to cancel once you've seen the horrible conditions inside. Why Hampton Inn hasn't closed this place down is beyond me. Sleep in your car if you have to, but avoid this place at all costs!

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business