“OK Place to Stay”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Virginia
“OK Place to Stay”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

OK Place to Stay especially if you have kids. The hotel is pricey for what you get and the condition. Lots of teens for a sporting event; smaller kids for the pool, and a wedding - so the hotel had lots of activity. The water park is small but would be great for 10 and under. I tried the two water slides - not bad! The hotel has a restaurant and bar. No complementary breakfast. The room was clean but ceiling had stains. In general the hotel is well used. One last note - the kids next door were up past 11:30pm and we had to call the front desk - as i said Lots of Kids!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ParkRoadHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are in the process of making quite a few updates to our hotel, and we will certainly be using your feedback to ensure that we are making the appropriate changes. I hope you will stay with us again in the future to see what changes we have made! It is always our goal to provide you with an exceptional stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

So far so good. Our suite is very clean and spacious. Nice new tvs and linens. Lobby is very nice- customer service very good. Haven't been to the Waterpark just yet but will add another review after.

• Stayed July 2014
ParkRoadHospitality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing about your stay with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here, and I am happy that you were able to stay a second night with us as well. I can't wait to hear about your time in the waterpark!
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This was just ok. The lobby is really nice however the rooms were alittle outdated. I walked in late since I was in a wedding and the light switch didn't work. Later to find out there was no light to go with that switch. Had to walk all the way over to the beds to turn on the lights in the pitch black. The hallways are extremely warm but the lobby air conditioned? The rooms the air was turned off and walked into my room feeling like it was a sauna....had to turn that on which is an easy fix. Beds were comfy however how many hotels do you stay at and it's only double beds? The room could really fit two queens it was quite large. Nice thing is there was a fridge and microwave and the TV's were nice. Bathroom seemed alittle small with how the door opens up into the bathroom. However it was alittle pricey for what the rooms were especially for Batavia. If I was in the area I might look elsewhere unless going to the waterpark then I would stay here.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. On behalf of our team, I want to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. The satisfaction of our guests is of utmost importance to us, and I can assure you that we will be using your feedback to ensure that we are providing an outstanding stay for all of our future guests. We are constantly making updates to our hotel, and I hope you will return to see the changes we are making!
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel mainly for the Palm Island Water Park for my Grandson to enjoy. Checked in at 7:30 P.M. After a full day of travel, and my Grandson quickly changed into his bathing suit. When we got down to the water park we were told it closes at 9. On a Friday night in the Summer?!? Also the outdoor pool closes at 9 !! We let our Grandson enjoy what little was left of the water park hour and a half, and went up to our rooms. Terrible. Hair on the bathroom floor, the bathroom smelled like a filthy rag was wiped on the bathroom surface. A man came up and squirted a liquid on his rag and wiped the floor surface and left. Room rug was not vacuumed since there was somebody's sock fuzz still on the rug. Kept our shoes on the rest of the night. Second bedroom bath tub never drained from our showers. Don't go here. The beds did have fresh linens.
Other than the lobby, this place needs to be renovated badly. This was a poor excuse for a Clarion Hotel. Concrete floor paint all chipped up, ceiling tiles barely hanging, some of the rails holding the lay-in ceiling tiles were obviously broken as the ceiling waved up and down. Bathroom faucet gave you a shower anytime you turned it on.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank R I
ParkRoadHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations. We have just completed some updates on our hotel, and have quite a few updates planned for this upcoming year as well. I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping and maintenance managers to ensure that the appropriate actions are being taken in order to prevent these issues in the future. We always appreciate feedback from our guests, and will be using yours to ensure we are providing an outstanding stay for our guests in the future.
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Well to start off I called the phone number listed online to make reservations. When I called I was greeted with their greeting and I said hi I'd like to make a reservation for tonight and was immediately transfered to some voicemail, strange well I left my name and number and waited an hour. Still nothing. So then I called back, was told by the lady on the phone that the hotel is busy and she will have someone call me back she took my name and number again!! No call back..... I should of stayed away but I went online and booked it myself. We checked in and I explained my story and no one apologized or nothing. Is this hotel really too busy to reserve a room for a paying guest???? Then on our room our shower does not drain. It took 15 mins for the water to go down. Called the front desk and no one came. Also our room is not that clean. I found a booger or eye booger green on my pillow and a blood stain on the white blanket. The carpets were not vaccumed and the couch cushions were covered in stains. This hotel has potential if they have a better cleaning team and workers that treat customers right! Room service was good they were fast. Only thing is no one came for the dirty dishes. my kids loved the water park
(2 and 6) so that's the reason we would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Amber W
ParkRoadHospitality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our entire team. Cleanliness and staff service is our top priority here so I am shocked to hear of your disappointing experience. I can assure you that I will be addressing both of these issues with our staff to ensure that this does not happen again. Your satisfaction is very important to us and it is our goal here to provide an outstanding experience to all of our guests. I am glad to hear that your children enjoyed the waterpark and I certainly hope you will return so that we can provide you with an exceptional stay in the future.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My stay at the Clarion was very pleasant and efficient. They were very welcoming and encouraging at both check in and check out. The indoor park was fun for everyone even moms and dads. We will be back!!!! So pleased with their service and hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ParkRoadHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I will be passing on your compliments to the rest of our staff as well. We look forward to your next visit!
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have been meeting at this hotel for years because the facilities meet our needs, and the staff is very helpful to us and is used to working with us. They do their best to keep prices reasonable and provide us with special accommodations such as putting stickers on the key cards so we can unlock our rooms independently. The only complaint I have is that service in the restaurant his slow at peak times, perhaps due to understaffing. For example, I had to leave the restaurant without eating my lunch in order to run one of our activities and my husband had to bring my meal to our room. Still, my experience was very good overall.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
ParkRoadHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with your recent event. Our staff looks forward to having you stay with us each year, and we are so glad that we can continue to meet the specific needs of your group. I have addressed your concern with our restaurant manager, so that we may use your feedback to improve. Our goal is to make every aspect of your stay exceptional. We can't wait to have you back again next year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batavia
Best Western Crown Inn & Suites
#3 of 12 in Batavia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Batavia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake
Econo Lodge Darien Lakes

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!