“25th anniversary”

Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My Husband and I wanted to celebrate our 25th Anniversary in style. We decide to use the Clarion in Batavia because I had chaired two dinner dance there in the past and we had good service and excellent food. I started planing the event in August 2013. The planner who started the event put everything down exactly the way that I wanted it. When I made contact this spring to make sure all was going smoothly my original event planner had left but the new one "Jill" did not miss a beat. She was fantastic. She kept in constant touch through emails The day of the event when I went to set up the servers we setting up the tables they were so nice, friendly and helpful ( Lynn, Wong &Elizabeth). Everything went off perfect.The room that the reception was in was set up beautifully and the room were we had the ceremony was all so set up nicely. All my friends and Family remarked how great the food was and how everything turned out great.In fact It was better then our originally wedding 25 years ago. One last note we ended up overpaying for our event which was held on a Friday. I received an email from my event planner on Monday morning that I check was waiting for us for the over payment. I would highly recommend the Clarion for Weddings and special events. Thank-you Clarion staff for making my Husband and my day so special!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
ParkRoadHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad that we were able to help make your celebration special. I have passed along your compliments to Jill and our entire banquet staff, and they were thrilled as well, to hear of how much your friends and family enjoyed your Vow Renewal. We look forward to working with you again on any future events you may have.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Chose the Clarion because the online info said they had a swimming pool. After a long day on the road we wanted to relax in the pool before dinner. I checked in, no one mentioned that the pool was not in use, not even filled with water. I would have gone to another hotel if I had known. The water park was an additional 10.00 per person, I wasn't offered a package price that included it. The hallway in from the parking lot was pretty run down, and areas in the room needed revamping including the bathroom. The restaurant was barely average, my husbands meal was tasteless. The bad was comfortable, best in our 10 day road trip and the staff were friendly but this place needs updating desperately.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
ParkRoadHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you were under the impression our outdoor pool would be open at the time of your visit. The opening date for our outdoor pool is posted on our website in order to make the information easily accessible to all our prospective guests. In regards to your comments on our overnight rooms, I am truly sorry to hear that we failed to exceed your expectations. We are constantly making updates, and I can assure you that your feedback is very valuable in ensuring that we meet our goal to provide an exceptional experience for our guests

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This was a complete disappointment. I reserved a room here for the purpose of the indoor water park for my family. Well the staff was friendly and that's the only reason I gave two stars. Rooms smell like mold and were very outdated. I reserved through Travelocity and later found out I had to pay for the water park separately,it's very expensive for paying guests. $15 a day and $8 if you're not going in the water. Breakfast costs $10 and it tasted like microwaveable food. It was just an all around bad experience. Will not go here again for this price. Should be a motel.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Yvette0620

Thank you so much for your review. I certainly am sorry to hear that you were not able to take advantage of one of our Overnight Waterpark Packages, which include both your overnight stay and 4 waterpark passes. Often when booking through a third-party company, the waterpark is not included. In regards to your further concerns, I apologize that we have failed to exceed your expectations, and can assure you that we will be using your feedback to make all improvements necessary to provide an exceptional stay for our guests in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My family booked a one night stay for my son’s birthday. After spending enjoyable hours in the water park, my kids were ready for bed. Lights off! My husband and I were enjoying a movie and posting pictures online from our kids enjoying their day. Thereafter, my husband places his phone on the night stand to notice a ROACH crawling. Immediately, lights were turned on. My husband took a picture of the roach before it was killed. I went straight to the main office to be told management had left for the night and the receptionist was not sure what to do. I was even offered bug spray…FIRST of ALL my kids were asleep they are all under the age of eight why the heck would I expose them to that chemical? SECOND of all, I am not employed by Clarion Hotel. Is it the guest responsibility to spray bug spray in their room??? We ended up waking our kids up and taking the drive back to our home town at 10:30 pm and asked management to give us a call. It is now almost 48 hours later and we have not heard from management. It may be that roaches and the idea of offering bug spray is common practice. However, if we do not face this issue at home, why pay someone else to have roaches around our children?

5  Thank Damaris D
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed here in march of 2013. The room was scary. Holes in walls. Dirt in the corners of the bathroom and hair in the shower. Completely nasty. I had room service come and clean as I specifically told them what was dirty and I checked it before they left. I don't believe the sheets were clean either.
The restaurant was horrible food. Mediterranean pasta was gross. The dirty room should have been the first sign and I should've ran away. Never going back or recommending anyone does.

1  Thank seduffy

I am very sorry to hear about your experience; however, based on your statements, I truly believe you may have the wrong hotel. I have personally inspected the rooms, and have not found any holes in the walls. We also have an executive chef in our restaurant to ensure only the best quality food. I have still addressed your concerns with our housekeeping and restaurant staff to ensure that the cleanliness of our rooms and quality of our food will continue to exceed the expectations of all our current and future guests. Thank you for your comments, I will continue to look further into this matter.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We got to the hotel and got the basic waterpark package/hotel combo. Came out to be about $152. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, the hotel was clean, did not smell, the staff seemed very nice at check in. My kids loved the water park (aged 4 and 10) I do wish they had a continental breakfast as well, but that is something we can live without. It is in a good location with other restaurant and stores nearby. However, when we arrived we were not told there was a "ghost fee" that would be applied to our card and then it would take 2-3 business days to be put BACK on our card. If they had told us this ahead of time I would not have paid for my friend's room as well, who ended up paying me back the next day. So all in all my bank account was charged $152 four times. Leaving the hotel and going to McDonald's for lunch and having my card declined was not fun. Being almost 3 hours from home with only $20 in my bank account was even worse. Not being able to take my son to the Buffalo Science museum, not even stop for a drink or snack. This was a weekend to celebrate my son's birthday and it got cut short because of a policy this hotel has that they do NOT tell people ahead of time about. They kept telling me it was MY bank who did it, but I spoke to my bank and that was not the fact, I called back and then the service desk person told me that CLARION releases the hold on checkout. So they lied to me. Its not Monday morning and I am still trying to reach them to get them to call my bank and have the hold dropped.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristianna20
ParkRoadHospitality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I’m very glad to hear that your time at our hotel was enjoyable, and that your children had fun at our waterpark. I am sorry, however to hear of the misunderstanding following checkout. It is common for many financial institutions to allow businesses to place a temporary authorization on your credit card in order to ensure available funds. At our hotel, we do everything we can to avoid these authorizations as we understand it can be an inconvenience to our guests. The number of charges shown on your credit card statement was caused by paying for multiple rooms, and though we release any authorizations upon checkout, it can take 2-3 business days for you to see those funds return to your card. This varies depending on your financial institution. I do apologize that you were not aware of this before, and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience that it caused you.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

The hotel is need of renovation. It is a decent hotel for young families, I suppose. There was construction material laying around. The food was good but the bar and restaurant did have any atmosphere and were run down. The bartenders are young and constantly on their cell phones, which I suppose is to be expected. My room was slightly run down, but the bed was comfy. I did find a single bedbug that crawled across my face when I was sleeping. I complained and they offered to change my room, but I declined. I searched the room for signs of an infestation and didn't find any more. I slept poorly the rest of the night, needless to say.
I was excited to see they had a pretty nice weight machine. When I went to use it, I discovered all the cables were broken and it was completely unusable.
The conference room was decent, but their sound system was broken and cutting in and out the whole time.
Overall, not too good. I gave it a poor only because the food was actually pretty good.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.