“5-star Service and Water Park”

Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

let me start with my arrival, Debbi at the front desk was more than accommodating. she make sure my wake up call and late check out was set up.My family enjoy water park while I am in conference in the hotel. I join with my family after my conference.I enjoy 2 big slide and hot tub. Water park is not too bog but perfect for my kids who are age of 7 and 10.room need updating but service is excellent. This hotel is perfect location for me to attend conference and family time.
2 thumbs up, highly recommend and I wiil stay again

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mehul K
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We are not new to the Rochester as we have family in the area, but we never get to be tourists when we're in town. So the Clarion was an ideal, quick stop in our itinerary for Ontario's March Break.

Our 4th and 6th grade children enjoyed the water park for an evening, though preferred to watch TV the next morning...the cable package at the hotel is better than the one we have at home ;)

We found the water park to be clean enough and not crowded on a Sunday night. The hot tub was more of a warm tub, but this permitted younger children to enter. A guard supervised entry of each hot-tubber. Towels were plentiful at the entrance to the park, as was seating inside. The slides were quite fun, and I admit, I did not dare try the green slide a second time. The green slide had just the slightest gaps between tub joints that I felt going down, and the last 2 turns felt pretty aggressive (which my kids loved!).

Arcade games were plentiful, with one arcade accessible through the water park, and another from the lobby.

Our room on the main floor was standard, with 2 double beds and a fridge which we really appreciated. The washroom was a good size for 1 person at a time. The heater/cooling unit worked well, which was important as some members of our family found the bed sheets lacking warmth. Overall, the room was clean and functional.

The staff were helpful. Front desk staff had to deal with an angry mom who needed a crib or play pen, when we checked in. And we witnessed restaurant staff dealing with a customer who wanted their table wiped down a second time, before sitting down for breakfast. Both staff members handled their situations professionally, I thought, staying neutral and just making the best of it.

We enjoyed the close proximity of some amenities, such as Target, Bob Evan's and Alex's rib/steak house.

Room Tip: Main floor suited us well, and room 117 was a straight forward, 2-corner trot from the water park.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AA_eh
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel for 1 Night and it was one night to many, there were bugs everywhere and the room looked like it was from the 80's, also there were stains on every surface. I had requested extra pillows in the room for our arrival due to being 6 months pregnant when making the reservations, but it took them nearly 4 hours and 2 calls to the front desk to get 2 pillows. the water park was small and hardly as exciting as the commercials show. I would not recommend this hotel or its water park. You couldn't pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank liz h
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The water park was fun and is really perfect for younger kids. I also have two older children, and I warned them ahead of time that the park was geared toward younger kids. They did still have fun on the two larger slides. The hotel wasn't as clean as I would have liked. Even the lobby and restaurant needed to be vacuumed. The food at dinner in the restaurant was just okay, and the buffet was very pricey. Breakfast buffet was fabulous though. We had an issue with one of the toilets not flushing in one of our rooms, and maintenance didn't respond until half an hour after it overflowed, even soaking the carpet in the room. They did "sanitize" the bathroom with a 2 minute cleaning job, but only laid towels on the carpet at our request. It made me wonder if they were going to clean the carpet the next day when we left...

Room Tip: Be sure you ask not to be next to a pet room if you mind barking dogs all night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingcircus214
ParkRoadHospitality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Appearance to me is HUGE in the hotel business. When your lobby is nicer than your rooms thats just wrong! Stains on the ceiling stains on the couch cushions on the pull out bed all over the love seat! Seriously invest in some stain remover or send the seat covers to a professional cleaner if your housekeeping can't get things clean! I put towels on the seats because of how nasty the covers were. Wifi?? What wifi?? We couldn't even do a movie night with the kids because the internet connection was equivalent to dial up! The hotel hallways were freezing!! So coming from the water park (that was also cold btw) kids were screaming how cold they were. Even in the park everyone was going into the hot tub that's "family friendly" someone needs to inform the owner that it's a breeding ground for bacteria because it's not got enough to kill anything nor is it cold enough to prevent it! All the kids we brought with us all got sick from drinking that water every time they went under the water. They need to enclose the water park to keep it warm! Everyone we brought was so disappointed! I expected a lot better from a "Clarion" hotel. Never again! This was a major let down for all of us who went! I am no hotel snob, seriously I am as laid back as can be but I was not happy at all because the prices for the stay and the water park are way more than it should be for what your getting!

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank EasilyPleasedPerson
ParkRoadHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel. I have shared your review with our housekeeping staff and are taking proper action to prevent this. We have already taken care of the room that you stayed in. We have had over hundreds of guest during the presidents day week. We had not received any complaints about anyone being sick in the waterpark. We keep our water park very clean as many children come to our facility. We sincerely apologize that your kids were sick. I strongly believe it is isolated. Thank you

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The water park is pretty good; 2 fully enclosed, twisty slides that begin inside, go outside and then finish back inside (one fast, one slow...you must be at least 42" tall for both), a large (25 person) hot tub, a 30-40 person pool with a basketball hoop and a kids play area (1 foot deep) with three little slides (two open, one enclosed), rain buckets and waterfalls. For $160, you get the room, 4 water park passes good for the day you check in and the day you check out, $25 free play at Batavia Downs and a $25 voucher for the breakfast buffet ($9.95 for adults, $6.95 for kids), a free drink and appetizer at the hotel restaurant with the purchase of the same). The smallish size of the water park is perfect for 3-4 hours of fun before getting bored. The room quality was not great, with multiple crusty stains on the carpet, a bathroom that wreaked of smoke, beds as hard as rocks and an outdated and SMALL bathroom, but they do have a mini fridge and microwave, which is convienent.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that your kids enjoyed the water park. We have recently renovated our windows for the entire building and we have many upgrade plans in near future. We are constantly improving to serve you better.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We just returned from an over night stay with our 6 year old grandson. While this is an aging hotel, it was clean and very well managed. The waterpark was a lot of fun for my grandson on Sat. and Sun. We purchased the waterpark package which included several vouchers. We used the $25 breakfast one and ended up paying outright $4 plus a tip. The selection was good, the food was hot and even the fresh fruit was fresh! The seating and service was well-organized, not the usual motel rush and elbowing.The staff was very accommodating. Knowing that this hotel would probably be two-thirds full of small children, we braced ourselves for the worst, but were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Martha S

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear that you and your grandson enjoyed the hotel. We sincerely appreciate your kind review. We look forward to your next visit.