Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Travelling back from NYC with my family (my self, Wife and 3 kids)we decided stop for the night.
with kids we found effordable rate hotel with water park. water park small but clean. lifeguard doing their job with smily face.suite room is big with 2 TV fridge and microwave.front desk is very good.we love casino in walking distance.we enjoy casino and kids enjoy water park.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Harish S
ParkRoadHospitality, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel over 4th of July weekend. The hotel is currently under renovation and it does need it (pretty run down...especially the carpeting), so I feel bad criticizing the condition of the hotel because they are beginning the renovation. Bed was comfortable. Room was good size but bathroom was small. Did not visit pool or indoor waterpark. Ate dinner at hotel restaurant and it was pretty good. Good location to NYS Thruway, shopping (Target right next door), Batavia Downs Casino and food options. I would possibly consider staying here again once the renovations were complete.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ParkRoadHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Please contact us on your return visit and ask for Evan. We will take care of you, making sure that you not only get a good rate but also a room that is finished with renovations. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here with my sons baseball team for a local tournament. Rooms were not very clean and the hotel smelled of pet odor. Hallways were very warm and smelled as well. Front desk staff were not very helpful and when I called down to ask about laundry soap for guest laundry they told me there was a vending machine next to the washers for soap. There was not, but there was a sign saying to call the front desk for laundry soap. The water park is very small and intended for small children only. I can only hope the renovations include removal of pet smells throughout the entire hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I am so sorry that you were misinformed about the laundry soap, while the quarters are available in the laundry area, the detergent is sold at the front desk. I can imagine that was frustrating for you to be sent here and there. The hotel has a few renovations being done, inlcuding the outside of the building causing some odors as they work. We can already see improvement on the side of the building that is completed. Thanks again for your review

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed in April of 2013. I was a bit afraid due to some reviews I have read about this particular establishment, however I am pleased to say with complete certainty, this is absolutely an awesome place, there is not a single negative. I went with my 2 daughters ages 4&6, as well as my best friend and her granddaughter whom is 3. We also met my cousin, aunt and goddaughter there. It was my best friend, me and my kids in the room, got the suite and let me tell you, we could have fit 4 more families in there. The suites are beyond spacious, a complete living room area complete with wide screen tv, couch, desk, full counter, sink, fridge and microwave, then down hallway is the bedroom, 2 what appeared to be king sized beds, another large tv, huge closets, dresser. The room was immaculate and I am OCD about cleanliness so this was the nicest surprise, everything was above any expectations. Every staff member on the premises is courteous, professional and they want to ensure you enjoy your stay. The waterpark is small, very, but again very well kept and staff very inclined to assist with anything you may need. We ate all meals at the restaurant, wonderful experience, great tasting food, great portions and you will not need to put a 2nd mortgage on your home to get a meal. This place is wonderful, adults and kids will have a great time...I will recommend to everyone. Kudos to you Clarion.

Room Tip: I recommend upgrading to a suite....huge, clean and perfect
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole S B

In this case I am sure glad that you believe in "better late than never"!! Your review highlights our features as well as gives an honest opinion on the hotel and waterpark. Thanks for remembering and taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I just stayed here with my kids as a "schools out" celebration, and they have not stopped talking about the waterpark since we got home! Not only was the waterpark fun for my younger kids, but there was an outdoor pool as well for me to enjoy, and the little cafe inside the waterpark made it really convenient for us to get lunch. In addition to the waterpark, the hotel staff was great. The girls at the front desk were very helpful in suggesting the best places for late night pizza delivery. The hotel hallways do need a little bit of updating, but the rooms were clean, and bigger than I expected, though next time I will make sure to ask for a room closer to the waterpark since my kids are young. We're planning on staying at least once more before school starts up again.

Room Tip: There are rooms with windows that look into the waterpark. This seems perfect for families with youn...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Grace L

Your story is exactly the kind we strive to hear. So glad that you and your family enjoyed the stay, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Only planned on stopping for one-night, but ended up staying two because the kids enjoyed the waterpark that much - (and I won't hide the fact that my husband and I loved that there was the casino within walking distance). We had one small incident with our reservation (not the hotel's fault, I booked through a 2nd party), but it was quickly resolved (thanks, Evan S.)!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lorin1971

Thank you for your review. Its always great to hear that guests enjoyed staying with us. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at this deplorable hotel on May 11, 2013. When we arrived it smelled musty and it was dirty. The base boards had dirt on them as well as large stains on the carpets. We were there with my daughters soccer team so we decided to stay there on the first night. In the morning one of the parents had complained about bugs in their room. When we returned from the Saturday morning soccer game we proceeded to check the room for bugs. Beside my wife's pillow where she had slept the previous night there was a dead BED BUG with a trail of blood behind it. I phoned down to the front desk and the manager did not believe me. The cleaning staff convinced him that there was bed bugs in the room. We did receive our full refund after I demanded it. I contacted the head office of this hotel chain (Choice Hotels) and they refused to help and instead referred us back to the hotel. My advise. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ParkRoadHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We have GREAT news, there are NO bedbugs! You were referred back to us so that we could provide you with the documentation from the pest control company that we hired to come in and inspect the room. We take any pest concern very seriously and address immediately. If you would have returned our calls, we could have sent you the information. Also when you contacted our corporate office and told them you wanted compensation or your would go to tripadvisor, they would send you to us for that as well.