“Had a great stay! Will definitely return”

Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My family had a wonderful time at teh Clarion Hotel Palm Indoor Waterpark! We brought our 2 year old son for a weekend getaway and we all had a blast. It wasnt very crowded the weekend that we were there so it was very relaxing and fun for all of us. It did get a little over whelming for him when there were a lot of people in the water park so we just came back at a different time. The onyl thing I would have loved would have been a separate pool area at the hotel itself. Other than that i wouldnt change a thing and we WILL be back for more family fun!
Thank you so much for a wonderful weekend trip

Emily, Tim, and Noah
Rochester NY

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ParkRoadHospitality, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Emily, Tim, & Noah, Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear your family enjoyed their stay. If you come back during the summer, our outdoor pool is separate from the other parts of the park. We will note your comments in our plans for expansion as well. We will look forward to having you back, let me know when you might be able to return. Thanks again for your comments!! Your friend in Batavia, Evan

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Palm Island Indoor Waterpark

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I brought my 4 year old son to the hotel water park and it was perfect for his age. he was able to utilize all that is offered there. He independently was able to play in hte smaller play area as well utilize the basketball deeper water and the two larger slides. he loved it. I will definately be going there again. Its convenient, close by, and worth the money for a mini break. The hotel could use some updating, but I was htere to watch my son play. It was very relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We just returned from our stay and play days at Clarion Hotel Palm Island Indoor Water Park...OMG!! I thought it was going to be just fun for a 3yr old and 11 yr old...HA! I almost think we may have had just as much fun if not more fun than the lil' ones. The Hotel staff were warm and inviting, just as our room was. The Water Park Staff were absolutely GREAT!! They watched our kids as if they were there own. We enjoyed a great dinner via rm svc from the Oasis Restraunt in the hotel. We also enjoyed breakfast at the Oasis using our Hotel $25. breakfast voucher...That was a great way to start the day! Just a warning..We Will Be Back!!! Thanks for a GREAT time!!
Cecelia M, Marlo, Peyton & Lindsay - Rochester, NY

Room Tip: There are rooms located in the same hallway as the entrance to the Indoor Water Park.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I brought 3 children ages 8, 10, and 13. They had fun playing in the lobby with the other kids. We traveled during Feb. break and it was crowded in the swimming area and there was a long line to use the hot tub. However, the kids really enjoyed the vacation. The front desk service was good. The food at the restaurant was good. The rooms and carpeting in the main areas were ok.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently took advantage of the Schools Out Package to have a mini family vacation before our second child is born. We were able to get our water park passes at noon and change in the locker room so we didn't have to wait until check-in at 4. Our room was actually ready and made available to us even before the 4:00 check-in time. They called my husband's cell phone while we were at the park and told us it was ready. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The Water Park was a ton of fun for our 3 year old, and us! I would definitely recommend this overnight package and the water park to friends and family.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

There are so many things I wanted to say about this place after our stay here, however, I waited to think about what I wanted to say before I wrote my review of this hotel. First let me begin by saying the staff are all very pleasant and really seem to go out of their way to be guest orientated. This aside there are so many other glaring issues that can not be overlooked.

I understand this hotel caters to families because of the attached water park that said means things can get rundown pretty quick. But a lot of the things wrong look like it has been years since anyone has attempted to do anything about it. Many of these issues come up time and time again in other reviews I have read on the internet regarding this place. Much needs to be done from cleaning the carpets, touching up paint around door frames, repairing wallpaper to simply washing the floors and dusting in the corners of the vending areas and guest laundry room. More attention to basic details too i.e. cleaning windows, mirrors or elevator doors and replacing stained ceiling tiles. Making sure vending and arcade machines are working, replacing broken covers on arrows to elevators.

I would suggest another television or two placed in the large lobby as well as a few more couches for families to wait while their room is readied(especially if not utilizing the water park package) or for other guests to hang out. I noticed several families standing about while their room was being cleaned before they could get a key but there was not enough places for all to comfortably wait.

The guest rooms while spacious could use more outlets and better lighting. Plus a good scrubbing with bleach to the grout in the bathroom floors and tub area couldn't hurt. Our beds though comfortable were not big enough as they were only double beds and since there was only three of us booking a suite wasn't necessary. I would suggest turning one of the double beds into a queen sized bed, as the rooms are big enough to do so and leaving the other a double bed as this would better accommodate those with children if the room does not have a pullout couch. I would also suggest instead of offering a $25.00 casino voucher if you get a package deal for a room and water park that they put in a two liter of soda, microwave popcorn and maybe offer a movie for families to rent at night. I would guess many parents make use of this pass to the casino and leave their kids unattended judging by how wild and noisy the hallways get with kids running up and down yelling and slamming doors. And since the casino is open till 4 am this goes on into the wee hours of the night.

The restaurant has very odd hours of operation. Mon-Thurs 6 am-2 pm for breakfast and lunch and 5 pm-9 pm for dinner. This means families are stuck with getting something at the water park snack area or driving to a local establishment. That would irk me to have to load my kids up into the car to drive someplace to find food after spending my day at the splash area. Also what about guests just spending one night, should they be forced to spend another 10-15 mins in a car after driving hours. As far as food selections it isn't the worse place I've eaten at. Breakfast is definitely adequate(buffet) but the selections for dinner aren't that great nor are they that reasonable in price. I might suggest they add another soup choice and a few more healthier options to their menu for those who are more health conscious.

Their fitness room only has about 5 or 6 pieces of equipment to use. This didn't really bother me as I only need a treadmill and a stair master/elliptical to workout on. But what did bother me was the fact half the equipment was in need of attention. The digital displays on the bike and elliptical did not work, the seat on the bike wobbled so much I was afraid it would snap off and one of the treadmills had an terrible squeak. There was also no spray for guests to use to clean off the machines when done, the carpet had stains and mirrors looked like someone threw lotion on em.

The water park area is nice, even kids as old as 12 can enjoy it and it is not so huge that a kid will get lost in. They do need more tables and chairs for folks to sit and put their things, especially if their rooms aren't ready(as one can use the water area prior to their rooms being ready). I would suggest getting rid of the lounge chairs and putting in a few more tables...they don't have to be big round tables several smaller square ones would suffice. This place should also consider enclosing their outdoor pool to make it accessible year round even if it means revamping the water slides this way they could have a separate entrance from the water park for other hotel guests to have a place to chill.

Once the water park closes at 8 pm other then a pathetic arcade area, there is nothing, I mean nothing else for kids to do. If this place really wants to hit a home run with families they could add, even if had a small fee, a movie room playing PG and under movies, a mini golf or bowling room would score big points.

The bar/lounge isn't too bad. It had a good selection of booze and several tables with chairs to sit or stand at besides bellying up to the bar. This too is open in the later afternoon for food and drink. If their restaurant is closed for a portion of the afternoon....this should definitely be open so one can get food. I would also suggest hiring one other person to help bar tend/wait during the evening if the hotel is full. One evening it was very packed and had only one person trying to tend to 25 people. This girl was running like a chicken taking care of drink orders and running to the kitchen to get the food orders when ready.

All in all our stay wasn't that bad. Close enough to home without having to cross any borders. But with a bit more effort and more vision this place can truly shine. It is after all only a stones throw away from Batavia Downs Casino just think of the potential waiting here.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a great weekend getaway! We booked a waterpark package in a suite for one night and had a great time with our children (6 & 7 years old). The staff couldn't have been friendlier, the rooms were a great size and the suite included a separate sitting room with a microwave, mini fridge and sink. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and pet friendly for a reasonable rate, and the waterpark - though quite small - had enough for all of us to have fun. Teens may get bored, but it was great for the younger ages. The package includes passes for both days of the stay and they allow you to play in the waterpark both before and after your check-in/check-out times. The weekend buffet was reasonably priced and the food was very good. Can't say it's 5 star, but I can recommend it as a great value and a great getaway!!!

Room Tip: Even the regular rooms are a good size - nice to get the extra space for only a small price differen...