“Made our Mini Vacation perfect”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
“Made our Mini Vacation perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was a mother/daughter/grandson mini vacation (long weekend). Very pleased with the Holiday Inn Express Batavia. Nice clean, modern looking, quiet, well appointed and well located hotel. We used it as our base and did day trips to Darien Lakes Water Park and the Museum of Play in Rochester. Check in was a breeze (Priority Club member). Needed a fridge in the room and it was there within 1/2 hour of request. Able to control the air conditioning in the room, everything worked, great water pressure, beds were comfortable, fantastic pillows, got take out and delivery brochures from front desk and slept great. Breakfast was plentiful, hot and with lots of variety and my 4 year old grandson loved the pancake maker. Easy drive to Darien Lakes Water Park. After a long day at the water park it was great to discover that we could purchase frozen meals from the lobby and pop them into the microwave near the front desk. Saved us a ton of money and was way better than trying to take a 4 year old out to eat. Nice little indoor pool (a bit crowded one evening) and a sun patio. Loved watching a huge ground hog munching grass on the back lawn one evening. Chatted with the desk staff one evening and she filled me in on Rochester for our next day trip. Hotel was full at least one night yet it was quiet and comfortable, the breakfast was still plentiful and the staff still took the time to talk for a minute. One extra light would have been nice in the room as we did have to move the standing lamp around to get light where we needed it. Overall - GREAT STAY Will no doubt stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Linda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, we are happy that all was pleasant and comfortable and convenient, Thank you for choosing us we look forward for your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
elmira, ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We booked our room through Priceline for after a concert at Darein Lake. We were given a handicap room on the first floor that was Huge. Everything looked and smelled so clean. Two queen beds, roll in shower I was sure about, but worked well. Water did seem to get all over the bathroom though. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, lots of choices. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. As we strive to make it work for everyone we are happy to know that the room worked and was spacious for you! Hope to see you again on the next concert..
Rockwood, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We spent one night at the HI express in Batavia while visiting Darien Lake Theme park. The hotel is about 20 minutes away, was close to the highway, shopping and restaurants. The hotel was nicely furnished and clean. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool and had it all to themselves at 9:30 at night, the front desk didn't kick us out at 10 when it closed since we were being quiet (and our room was right beside it). The room was large and the closest to the elevators and pool, but we didn't hear a thing. Our room was large, our 2 queens seemed liked doubles, but we were fine, and the pillows were super soft. The bathroom was very functional, but the toilets were very loud. We just made breakfast in the morning and there was plenty of food right up until it closed at 10. The food was the same as any HI express, and my son loves the make your own pancakes and the cinnamon buns (who am I kidding, so do I).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lee-Ann J,

We are pleased to know that you had a great stay with us, and the convenience of everything for you! Thank you for writing you review we look forward to seeing you again.
Worthington, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stopped here for a night on one way to Vermont. The hotel seems to be newly remodeled, and the rooms are huge. The beds were ok. The staff was very helpful when our daughter locked her key in the room. Breakfast is standard Holiday Inn Express, but was free and filling. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Linda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Elizabeth S,

We would like to thank you for your kind review and are glad you chose us for your stay, Hope to see you again soon.
Crofton, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

The hotel was new, with easy on/off access to I-90. Our room with 2 queens was very spacious, as was the bathroom. It was a typical chain hotel, but we would certainly stay there again if we got a good rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing I-90 for less road noise.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Linda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Joann C,

I would like to thank you for your review and we are happy that your stay was good, we appreciate all feedback as it helps us to continue to grow.

Saratoga Springs, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I rate hotels based on their exercise rooms since almost all the rest is the same. This hotel has a nice (not amazing) but functional workout room. 1 eliptical, 1 bike and 2 treadmills.

The only issue I have is the website constantly give me a hard time as a government traveler. I can only pay the price NYS has set for the area. This is the ONLY hotel that tries to charge more. I understand that you are busy during the summer, but why give a hard time or not offer the rate during the off-season? The hotel 100 feet across the street never gives any problems.. I'd rather stay at this hotel but I dont want to be hassled making my reservation. Please learn what the official government rate is and dont make up a random number and try and charge that...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Linda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear five1three,

First of all I would like to apologize for your rate issue, I have been looking into the situation and the only thing I can see is we do hold a higher rate on our suite rooms for the government and state rates, and we can do that, and it is possible that when you are making your reservation that is all we have left are suites. We do a high volume of government and state rates here at this property and as they check in we offer the Suites if they want to upgrade but if they don't then all rooms are basically taken at the government/state rate, If you call the hotel I will personally assist you in getting the rate you need when staying here. I cannot control what website you are using I can only help you if you call us directly.

Linda Holland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels while traveling for business and this is by far the best I have ever stayed in! The girl at the front desk was so kind and considerate when I checked in. She was very helpful with everything I asked her and knew a lot about the area. The housekeepers were very polite and breakfast was also great. I loved the decor in the hotel and the room I stayed in was very comfortable and spacious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013
Lisa D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Than you for the great review!! we appreciate your business and was thrilled you enjoyed your stay!!! David- Generail Manager HI Express Batavia, NY