Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We spent one night at the HI express in Batavia while visiting Darien Lake Theme park. The hotel is about 20 minutes away, was close to the highway, shopping and restaurants. The hotel was nicely furnished and clean. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool and had it all to themselves at 9:30 at night, the front desk didn't kick us out at 10 when it closed since we were being quiet (and our room was right beside it). The room was large and the closest to the elevators and pool, but we didn't hear a thing. Our room was large, our 2 queens seemed liked doubles, but we were fine, and the pillows were super soft. The bathroom was very functional, but the toilets were very loud. We just made breakfast in the morning and there was plenty of food right up until it closed at 10. The food was the same as any HI express, and my son loves the make your own pancakes and the cinnamon buns (who am I kidding, so do I).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Linda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Lee-Ann J,

We are pleased to know that you had a great stay with us, and the convenience of everything for you! Thank you for writing you review we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stopped here for a night on one way to Vermont. The hotel seems to be newly remodeled, and the rooms are huge. The beds were ok. The staff was very helpful when our daughter locked her key in the room. Breakfast is standard Holiday Inn Express, but was free and filling. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Linda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Dear Elizabeth S,

We would like to thank you for your kind review and are glad you chose us for your stay, Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The hotel was new, with easy on/off access to I-90. Our room with 2 queens was very spacious, as was the bathroom. It was a typical chain hotel, but we would certainly stay there again if we got a good rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing I-90 for less road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Linda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Joann C,

I would like to thank you for your review and we are happy that your stay was good, we appreciate all feedback as it helps us to continue to grow.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I rate hotels based on their exercise rooms since almost all the rest is the same. This hotel has a nice (not amazing) but functional workout room. 1 eliptical, 1 bike and 2 treadmills.

The only issue I have is the website constantly give me a hard time as a government traveler. I can only pay the price NYS has set for the area. This is the ONLY hotel that tries to charge more. I understand that you are busy during the summer, but why give a hard time or not offer the rate during the off-season? The hotel 100 feet across the street never gives any problems.. I'd rather stay at this hotel but I dont want to be hassled making my reservation. Please learn what the official government rate is and dont make up a random number and try and charge that...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Linda H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear five1three,

First of all I would like to apologize for your rate issue, I have been looking into the situation and the only thing I can see is we do hold a higher rate on our suite rooms for the government and state rates, and we can do that, and it is possible that when you are making your reservation that is all we have left are suites. We do a high volume of government and state rates here at this property and as they check in we offer the Suites if they want to upgrade but if they don't then all rooms are basically taken at the government/state rate, If you call the hotel I will personally assist you in getting the rate you need when staying here. I cannot control what website you are using I can only help you if you call us directly.

Linda Holland

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels while traveling for business and this is by far the best I have ever stayed in! The girl at the front desk was so kind and considerate when I checked in. She was very helpful with everything I asked her and knew a lot about the area. The housekeepers were very polite and breakfast was also great. I loved the decor in the hotel and the room I stayed in was very comfortable and spacious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013
Lisa D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Than you for the great review!! we appreciate your business and was thrilled you enjoyed your stay!!! David- Generail Manager HI Express Batavia, NY

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had two of our three nights at this property during a recent visit to see my brother. I am a type II diabetic and needed my blue ice packs frozen overnight. However, when I picked them up the next morning they were cold but NOT frozen as needed!! The problem was no attention to detail by the front desk attendant. The next night I stayed there and the attendant (which happened to be male) got it correct and the blue ice was frozen!!

I don't mind when things are occasionally over priced but, I do care when my needs are not addressed correctly when I am told it would not be a problem. Attention to detail is a lost art in American workers!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you fior the feedback. We strive for quality for each and every guest

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed there for 1 night. The carpets all through the hotel were disgusting, filthy dirty. The hall way smelled like cabbage. The bed dust ruffle was filthy, old food on the curtains. The bathroom shower wall was coming off the actual wall. No exhaust fan in bathroom. Filthy under the sink. The elevators were the worse of all. Disgusting. Would Never stay there again..

Room Tip: Go to the hampton Inn across from this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wendmich
Lisa D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We value guest opinions and we have had many postiive comments during that time frame please feel free to let someone know during your stay if you have any concerns or questions