Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked a room at this Holiday Inn Express, because our preferred hotel (Hampton Inn) was not available. Since it was brand new, we thought it would be a suitable alternative. It was clean, breakfast was good, staff was courteous, but the beds were hard as rocks, no mattress toppers, and they were already worn to the point that there were body indentations in the mattress, creating a less than restful night's sleep. Also, the hotel was very noisy. I heard every noise coming from inside and outside the hotel. The next time the Hampton Inn is not available, we're going back to the Best Western.

2  Thank LindaSue2013
Lisa D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

thank you for your response. our goal is to be #1 in service in Batavia.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed there after a long day at Darien Lake, and were glad that we did. According to the staff, the hotel is less than a year old, and still in great shape. We got a king suite, and it was very spacious and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and the crib that I had called to request was already in the room (a rarity!) when we arrived. We had a comfortable night's sleep, and found the breakfast to be good. The breakfast attendant, Wendy, was very sweet and pleasant (as she was buzzing around to satisfy a packed house). I also must compliment Scott, who went out of his way for us on the phone to accommodate us as we didn't arrive until after 11 pm with 3 sleeping kids. Also, 2 of the cleaning staff also greeted me and interacted with my 14 month old (they each had little one's of their own).
The only problem we had was not major at all. We used the pull-out bed, but there were no sheets and the pillows in the closets didn't have cases on them (we did it ourselves). I'm sure that the front desk would have fixed the problem, but it wasn't worth calling them over with the little ones already asleep.
Overall, a good experience.

Room Tip: I got an Express Deal for 25% off
1  Thank LeonardsofSherman
Lisa D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

thank you for your review our goal is to be the #1 hotel in Batavia

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spent a night here on my way back from a wedding. I had spent a long day on the road, and I was looking for a quiet, comfortable room. It was great - well appointed, clean, and the bed was luscious. Breakfast was great, the staff was pleasant and helpful! I did not have any prior experience with this chain, but I will certainly look into them in the future!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Eeepee98

thank you for your review. our goal is to be #1 in Batavia

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family typically stays in Holiday Inn Express as we travel, so we picked Bativia, NY HEI as we went to Darien Lake. It is a newer hotel with spacious rooms and a nice breakfast spread. Full marks for that. However, it fell very short on cleanliness. The loby, hall ways and elevator were filthy, tables in the eating area constantly sticky and the rooms, while weren't disgusting, were not clean to the typical standard of HEI.

BEWARE, we booked this stay through Hotels.com thinking that we would get the best rate by prepaying, etc. The rate we secured was $151 per night (tax incl.) for a three night total of $453 booked immediately to creadit card. When I checked out and looked at the statement, it said $123 per night (tax incl.) for a total bill of $369! Balance zero since I prepaid.

I called Hotels.com and they said HEI was not supposed to disclose that rate and they tried to tell me it was a USD to CDN dollar conversion, which I challenged them on. In the end, I got the difference credited to my card, but, suffice it to say, I will never book through Hotels.com again.

Room Tip: We had a king bed room with a pull out and we still had plenty of room.
2  Thank Neil G
Lisa D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

thnak you for the feedback we will take the constructive critique to make our hotel a greater experience for our guests

Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were in town for the Kingdom Bound Celebrations being held at Darien Lake. This was perfect location and beautiful. I must say there was a lady (name I've forgotten) that worked the complimentary breakfast. She was the most friendly and conscientious person that I have seen enjoying their job in a long time. She spoke with families asking what they were in town for, etc. Just a great person! Pool is small but all other things are awesome! Only been opened for 7 months roughly and just great!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to be the #1 hotel in Batavia.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were in town for part off the PGA tournament at Oak Hill in Rochester,when we arrived the lobby was very fresh and modern and the front desk staff was very nice even when we had a room conflict,the staff quickly found the room that we had requested and the hotel was full that night so it must have been hard. The lobby was nice so far the staff were good my only problem was a housekeeper walked by and i found her to be dressed very sloppy,usually at Hampton inns the housekeepers are dressed kinda like nurses and looks very professional.So then we went to are room when we were waiting for the elevators if you look up at the balcony you can see were the dry wall is chipping away ,some what surprising for such a new hotel.Then the elevator came the carpet in it looked very dingy,so were the hallway carpets.when we entered the room were reveled it looked clean and nice except for the bed was made sloppy not like the online pictures.Then we stared seeing little thing,the alarm clock glass was missing,one of the beds bed skirts had a rip in it and was stained,bad patch jobs on the ceiling, and there were marks on the curtain that almost looked like ear wax gross.Then in the bathroom,very clean and modern except the vent was dirty and there was mildew above the shower head.And when i went to take a shower the water pressure was low normally showers and HIexpresse's are very powerful not this one. Bed was somewhat comfy but the pillows were good. Next day breakfast was awesome and staff once again great.We left the hotel somewhat satisfied one post note is there is kinda i thought a sewer smell in some parts of the hotel including outside. Also the need to put a micro/refrigerator in all the rooms we got a pizza and it was huge and we had no place to store in kinda a bummer the pizza was very good to.

Room Tip: The best pizza and wings is from the main street pizzeria the give you a sheet at the front desk wit...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Lisa D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

thank you for your input we are always looking for ways to make the guest experience better