“Authentic Mexican Cuisine”

Rancho Viejo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 80 Restaurants in Batavia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 28, 2013

For authentic Mexican cuisine that is great tasting and reasonably priced, a trip to this restaurant is perfect. The place has plenty of parking, nice décor inside and very clean. Customers are always greeted with complimentary chips and salsa. The chips taste freshly made, not day old. We usually order a side of the white cheese dip and it is always great. Whether you order directly from the numbered specials or something off the menu with a personal touch added to it.......I love their shrimp chimichanga....not on the menu but always made just the way I like it. Coke products served along with legal beverages. The staff is always welcoming and attentive. And if you happen to be in the area and stop at the local grocery store (Tops), you can get a $5 off coupon printed on the back of the grocery receipt to use at Rancho Viejo. ENJOY.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Being from Arizona, we know a little about good Mexican food. First let me start about the service. In the first 2 minutes after being seated, the waiter asked us if we were ready to order five times. He just kept hovering around our table. Two different waiters too... We felt very pushed. I ordered the Chipolte Steak. The chipotle sauce was so spicy hot, you couldn't even eat it....and I like some heat on my food. A warning on the menu would of helped...The steak was like eating leather. The chips must of been bought at the local $.99 store. The waiter kept asking us if we wanted any margaritas and we said no four times. The last time he said some BS in Spanish under his breath... When the check was delivered, the waiter stood around and followed us up the to counter to make sure we paid. What a weird experience. I noticed when walking out the door, the waiter asked the cashier if we tipped...Odd.... Funniest part is after eating there all our friends that live in Spencerport said NOT to eat there. The owners needs to send their chef down here for some real Mexican food recipes... Should of gone to McDonalds across the street

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The atmosphere in this restaurant is just great! I appreciate the speedy seating upon arrival. A basket of warm chips and salsa arrived shortly after being seated. Drink orders were taken - it seems that alcoholic drinks take a bit longer to be delivered - not really a problem as I wasn't in a hurry - and wanted to relax and enjoy. The best Tequila Sunshine I have had in years! My guest also enjoyed the margarita! The food - no matter what I order - is always great! Served very quickly! Hot! Delicious! Plenty of food! I really love this place!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stick with the chips and salsa and a drink--you'll be fine. Everything else is bland and less than "authentic." I hear the fish is good, but I won't return to tell you.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Thus was a welcome opening on the West Side. The service is excellent. We really enjoyed the the food The chili poblanos came with two chilies rice and beans. Outstanding

1  Thank Douglas R