Palm Island Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Batavia
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 Fully Enclosed Body Slides 24’ Tall: Blue Barracuda: 169’ translucent blue Exits Building and comes back in. Crazy Cobra: 196 Orange with state of the art led Lighting inside, Exits building and goes back inside. Monsoon Lagoon: Children’s Pool & Play Area, Play Lagoon with Beach Entry. Yellow Single Racer Slide: Orange enclosed body slide. Hand Jets, Rope pull shower, 5 way tipping buckets, Mushroom Umbrella & More. Swim Lagoon:Basketball Hoop, Underwater Lighted Pool with waterfall, Underwater Lighted Hot Tub. Additional Features: 2 Birthday Party Rooms, Arcade with 15 plus Games and Photo booth, Full Service concession Stand, Men’s & Women’s Changing room, Locker rentals available. Don’t forget to check out the Gift Shop.
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We did the overnight room/waterpark package deal. If you are looking for the size and amenities of Great Wolf or Splash Lagoon, you will be seriously disappointed. If you simply look at the photos on Palm Island's website, you will see that is it small and it is for younger children. As a family that can not afford to travel or enjoy attractions often, I researched this place as much as I could, reading terrible reviews of the water park and hotel. After weighing all the info I gathered, we went knowing the hotel was older and in need of updates, that the water park was small and there were no amenities to speak of. We knew what we were getting going in. What we got was a 5 year old who had a blast and did not want to leave. She loved every minute. I would not recommend this place to anyone with children over 7/8 years old or anyone who expects luxury. Pros: you can easily keep an eye on your child from most spots in the place, there is no deep water to worry about with younger kids, the staff is friendly and helpful. Cons: the chlorine is overwhelming (though I suppose at commercial parks it may need to be), the hotel truly needs updating, there needs to be something available in the hotel rooms for entertainment after the little ones are in bed. Most young kids are asleep early, and the room offered no movies/games to order or even HBO (even though there was an HBO guide on our night stand ??) Bottom line: our child had a great time.

3  Thank ljks

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Built for 4 and younger age group and way too expensive for what they have (or don't have!)

Tom P, General Manager at Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Our waterpark has many great features for all ages of the family from two 24' High Body slides to an activity pool, children's play lagoon and a family friendly hot tub. Our day passes for Full days are just $20.00 including tax. The best value within 200 miles is our overnight package starting at $159.00 with 4 tickets to the waterpark from check-in until 3:00pm the next day. $25, 00 breakfast voucher to our onsite restaurant and a $25.00 free play to Batavia Downs Casino 1/10 mile down the road good for three days.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We were staying at the hotel and honestly the best part of this "water park" was when the clerk in the gift shop told us not to bother spending 30 bucks on tickets because we would've been disappointed. We took her word for it and saved ourselves the headache. It was all unsupervised kids running around the park and the hotel barely any adults and just a free for all. Since there's no winter pool at the clarion hotel, we were hoping to go to tyne park since they advertised a hot tub. But that was brimming with kids splashing each other. They also said they were sol our anyway meaning even though we were spending 100$ to stay at the hotel, we couldn't have even used the park that night. Dont waste your time. Go to enchanted Forest or to the indoor park in Cartland.

2  Thank SingingElise
Tom P, General Manager at Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

We are sorry you missed the opportunity to enjoy Palm Island Indoor Waterpark. The hotel does offer some fabulous packages that come with 4 tickets to the park, $25.00 Breakfast Voucher and a $25.00 free play to Batavia Downs Casino, because of this we do sell out quickly on most Saturday Nights to Waterpark Packages. As you found out if you do not take the package hotel guest ticket pricing is $15.00 per person and it is a first come first serve basis.
We do monitor the hot tub to make sure it is relaxing and enjoyable to all the guests as for the pool with the Basketball hoop there may have been some splashing. As for the waterpark with the kids all around I am glad you were able to see them enjoying there selves and having a great time as most children do. I hope that on your return trip you take advantage of the Waterpark package so you are able to come and enjoy the park for the day and not just observe it from a far for a couple minutes.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We visited waterpark last weekend. It was fun. Yes, check-in was little longer than usual but I understand since there were about 40-50 families checking-in at a same time, so its bound to happen. We had visited Great Wolf Lodge Water Park and check-in time was even longer than last weekend. Staff was amazing, friendly and upbeat. Everyone was doing great what that they can. Room package was just priced right. Our kids had blast. We didn't have to worry about them wandering in the waterpark. My wife and I had great relaxed time for us also. There aren't any other attraction within and around Batavia so this is so great for us to take a quick mini vacation. I have read other reviews before going there but I don't totally agree with them since they fail to potray the clear picture. It's not that bad as they have written down. I would difinitely take my family again. We had very good experience.

1  Thank Mathew R
Reviewed February 26, 2012

It was dirty, the front desk was not people friendly, they had no clue how to run the front desk, there was no place for the adults to swim, the hot tub was for the kids. there is no indoor pool. the teens in my group didnt even want to be there. There was no place for them to hang out or swim. The food was cold, slow and i wanted to go home the frist nite we where there. Check-in time is 3:00pm they told us are room was still being cleaned and that there is nothing they can do about it. we couldnt get into our room intill almost 5pm. They said it was because they where busy. Um this is why i think they need to hire more help if they want to run a very busy hotel. Dont go, you will be very unhappy. The hallways where very cold. My kids never left my side cause im a parent that keeps a eye on my child, as for the control in the water park there was none, it was a mad house of out of control kids with no parents watching them, when i talk to the lifeguard on call they acted like they didnt even want to be there. It was very hard to be on vac. and relax when we as the customer have to do everthing our self. There needs to be alot of work done with the place and the people to make it run better and be a place to have fun. I will never go back inless things get better and run smoother for the people.

2  Thank Cherie R