“I would never go again!”

Palm Island Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Batavia
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 Fully Enclosed Body Slides 24’ Tall: Blue Barracuda: 169’ translucent blue Exits Building and comes back in. Crazy Cobra: 196 Orange with state of the art led Lighting inside, Exits building and goes back inside. Monsoon Lagoon: Children’s Pool & Play Area, Play Lagoon with Beach Entry. Yellow Single Racer Slide: Orange enclosed body slide. Hand Jets, Rope pull shower, 5 way tipping buckets, Mushroom Umbrella & More. Swim Lagoon:Basketball Hoop, Underwater Lighted Pool with waterfall, Underwater Lighted Hot Tub. Additional Features: 2 Birthday Party Rooms, Arcade with 15 plus Games and Photo booth, Full Service concession Stand, Men’s & Women’s Changing room, Locker rentals available. Don’t forget to check out the Gift Shop.
Reviewed February 26, 2012

It was dirty, the front desk was not people friendly, they had no clue how to run the front desk, there was no place for the adults to swim, the hot tub was for the kids. there is no indoor pool. the teens in my group didnt even want to be there. There was no place for them to hang out or swim. The food was cold, slow and i wanted to go home the frist nite we where there. Check-in time is 3:00pm they told us are room was still being cleaned and that there is nothing they can do about it. we couldnt get into our room intill almost 5pm. They said it was because they where busy. Um this is why i think they need to hire more help if they want to run a very busy hotel. Dont go, you will be very unhappy. The hallways where very cold. My kids never left my side cause im a parent that keeps a eye on my child, as for the control in the water park there was none, it was a mad house of out of control kids with no parents watching them, when i talk to the lifeguard on call they acted like they didnt even want to be there. It was very hard to be on vac. and relax when we as the customer have to do everthing our self. There needs to be alot of work done with the place and the people to make it run better and be a place to have fun. I will never go back inless things get better and run smoother for the people.

2  Thank Cherie R

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Ok check in was hell!!!! Waited 30 min in line. Then they lost my reservations , well we thought but name was misspelled. But the ladies at the front desk they need to FIRE now because they were so very rude to all the guest and too me omg I can't believe they spoke the way they did to me!!!!! Next we got in our room and the hotel seems like they need to save money on rge or something, our room was freezing and so was the hall ways!!!!! The water park was not supervised at all!!! Hot tubs are for adults not for young kids! If you want your child to go in with you fine but omg the parents don't seem lime they care what their kids did. No life guards at the top of the slides so kids were pushing and it was just hell!!!! Don't go. It's cheap but I highly don't recommend at all.

3  Thank MelissaL467
Tom P, General Manager at Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would first like to thank you for coming to Palm Island Indoor Waterpark and the Clarion hotel. I do apologize for the delay that you may have experienced upon check-in. At this time we are continuing to improve on our check-in process by adding a third front desk staff to help. Our rooms and hallways are all heated to 70˚, which for some people is on the cooler side. This temperature is the most ideal for guest comfort upon arrival. The Waterpark is heated to 84˚ air temperature.
The Waterpark always has two lifeguards one on either side of the pool area along with a staff member at the spa to regulate crowd control. We are a family friendly park so we do allow our guests of any age to utilize the spa along with all our Waterpark features (with some height restrictions). The large slides do have a staff member regulating their use whenever we are open. For the smaller slides the lifeguards monitor the slides yet there main goal is to watch the water. Like a park there is not someone dedicated to watch the play area and manage the children, this is why we encourage our parents to participate with their children and why we have signs stating that unsupervised children are not permitted.
I hope that you will come back and utilize the Waterpark again in the future, and will not hold this one experience against us, and the rest of the staff.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

We went there for new years weekend and it was fun for the kids...its a small place. But...water slide is horrible for kids..its fast..one girl chipped her tooth when we were there..another hit her head...and then my son..whos 9..ended up getting almost like a rug burn going down..2 days later got pimple..4 days turned into quarter size boil...pediatrican did culture..3 days later found out my son had mrsa! i called waterpark..left message for owner..who never returned my phone call..called him again..left ANOTHER message and never returned my phone call...3 days later called back and finally he called me..said they clean water and has it tested 3 times a day..and this is the first time hes hearing of this..said to him that you should have returned my message last week when i first left the message but they never did...after several doctors visits...antibiotics..missing school cause it hurt him...the owner said he will call me next day...does it come as a shocker..THAT HE NEVER DID AGAIN!!! luckily it never went into my sons blood or it could have become fatal..i am now directing this to the health department since they are not returning my phone calls...deleted my posts off facebook and blocked me so i dont write anything that will hurt their place regardless of what could have happened to my son. i adivse any parents..to not take their kids there.

8  Thank mary t
Tom P, General Manager at Palm Island Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to address your concerns about your son and his MRSA outbreak. The health department has spoken to us about MRSA and stated that since we utilize a chlorine system and maintain the levels on a daily basis that contracting MRSA from the water features in our Waterpark is not probable. I did try to follow up with you via a phone message utilizing the number that was e-mailed in a customer comment to our website to go over this.
To address your concerns about the water slides; our slides have been inspected by the State Labor Department and had no issues with a current permit.
To this date we have had over 10,000 happy visitors to the Waterpark and the number continues to grow daily. I do hope that you will come and enjoy the park again in the future once you hear of more happy experiences from friends and neighbors.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

A FEW life guards need better training. It was super crowded on Saturday. Not cool! Not sure if I'll go back....

1  Thank 13boricua
Reviewed January 1, 2012

We are locals in the area so we decided to spend the day at the waterpark. The price is not too bad for an all day pass. There are not too many things to keep a child 8 and up entertained. The park is very clean and well maintained. You can leave to eat or eat in!

1  Thank AMR026