“Poor payouts”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Poor payouts”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Newly refurbished racino is clean, airy, and roomy. There are many new slot machines and 2 enclosed smoking rooms. However, the payouts are extremely poor or non- existent. My wife and I spent 3 hours on Sunday morning in the new racino playing the slot machines. I lost $120 on about 20 different penny machines and never got the free games bonus, not even once. My wife also never got any free games. Nice racino, but no wins equals no fun. I'll visit seneca niagara casino or Finger Lakes racino. We feel we have a better chance of winning. If you want to visit a newly refurbished racino with new restaurants and bar, then Batavia Downs is okay. However, if you want to win occasionally, I wouldn't recommend this racino.

Visited October 2013
5 Thank Zimski

Amherst, New York, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Batavia Downs”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

They have seasonal horse race track and a small race track casino, no table games slots only. It is a pleasant place to visit and enjoy an day or a few hours of gambling on slots or the horses when they are racing. One thing I like is the non smoking atmosphere which is better for me and my allergies; but they do have an enclosed area for gamblers who smoke. The casino is actually in the upper part of the building and escalators quickly take you there. And if you cannot use the escalators, there is an elevator available down a hall to the right of them. I cannot comment on the food served there because we usually eat at Alex's Place or the Red Osier before coming,, which are two excellent restaurants in Batavia - we are not locals of the Batavia area, but enjoy the hour plus ride to the region.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Patricia U
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very friendly”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to both the horse track and inside to the casino. Very clean. Does have a smoking room which even around the room smells like smoke due to opening of doors. Tons of different machine and games to try. Tons of offers for free play different offers each week.

Smyrna
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Large Non smoking gambling”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Finally, a casino that has a large non smoking area that did not require us to walk through a smoking area. Slots were a little higher than at some casinos (minimum plays). But there were a lot of slot machines.

Haverhill, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Batavia's Sole Entertainment Venue”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The games and food were average, at best. Fellow gamers were friendly, however, and the in-laws seemed to enjoy the seedy vibe.