“Cheap and OK hotel”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Batavia
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“Cheap and OK hotel”
Reviewed January 10, 2009

We stayed here for two nights on our way to and from Niagara Falls. We found a coupon in some magazine picked up on the road so we payed only $50. The first night we had a great room with a kingsize bed. The room was clean but old. We had a good night though. The girl at the reception was friendly. The breakfast was free but really simple. For $50 we had a great stay.
On the way back from Niagara we decided to stay here again (picked up another coupon). This time though we were given the room right next to the lobby. It was a lot smaller, the bed was old and bad and the room was cleaned, but looked bad. The shower sometimes changed from really hot to cold. Until 11PM this guy in the lobby was making a new breakfast table and made a lot of noise with his hammer pounding and stuff. He was just doing his job (really friendly guy too, when I asked him how long he would go on, he apologized. the receptionist did not), but the lady at the reception shouldn't have given us this room while she knew it would be noisy until this late. The first stay was really good, the second stay definitely was not. I guess the quality of this motel really depends on the receptionist and the room you get. It was the cheapest motel around though, it was clean and really close the amusement park.

• Liked — Close to highway, amusement park; cheap
  • Disliked — The receptionist during our second stay
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Burlington, Ontario
Reviewed August 9, 2008

This was the worst hotel i have stayed in, no running hot water the bathroom had lots of mold the bathroom tile was breaking apart the caulking around the bathroom was black with mold, holes in the ceiling, the living room ceiling had parts of it falling down on the rug.
If u walk down the hall way parts of the ceiling were missing. I will never stay at a super 8 motel again. The rate was 119.00 per nite and we asked what the rate would be if we stayed one more nite and we were told it would be 125.00. So we packed and went to stay at the hampton inn on the other side of the bridge. Another thing they share a pool with Days Inn which is right next to them. The pool does not belong to Super 8. My Advice stay away from Super 8 there web site shows something different then the way it really is..

• Liked — nothing it's a total Dive
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Batavia hotels

Toronto
Reviewed June 7, 2008

They lost our reservation, which I booked off of their website only a few days earlier. WE booked a king bed hotel room, they gave us two twin beds. When trying to use credit card, they made a huge fuss about it. King size room they gave us after we complained was very musty, smelt like it had not been used in a long time, made it very hard to breathe. Air conditioned did not work. When we called down to the front desk they made another big fuss about our room and made sure we did not actually use anything in the room before they allowed us to switch. Took maintenance 10 minutes to get to our room, and when they got there they made us feel like it was our problem the A/C was broken.

The room we ended up with was not that great, there was a pair of old socks in the corner, which i covered with the night stand. Pillows were hard. And the shower head is very low for anyone over five foot 5.

Room was a bit over priced, could have stayed somewhere else for about 15$ more.

Front desk worker stephanie was VERY helpful when her manager was giving us a hard time. She made the trip better for us.

Room 293.

• Liked — Front desk helper-stephanie
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Dubuque, IA
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I saw this hotel recommended on Trip Advisor. I mainly decided to stay here based on the price and the other recommendation here. When I got there they didn't have my reservation (I booked a day later by accident), but the friendly front desk person got me a room and canceled my reservation for the next day. I have to say that there are some good things: the wireless internet is decent and the parking is free. Niagara Falls isn't too far away, it's in a safe neighborhood and it has a great location right next to I-90.

However, this isn't a first class place. It's a regular Super 8. The place had a small-ish room and it wasn't entirely clean. The bed sheets were boring and the pillows were very small, thankfully my sister gave me one of her pillows. However, the worse part is the fact that half way through the night, one of the power outlets went out and there aren't many others in here (making it inconvenient for using my laptop). Turns out the outlet was connected to a light switch on the other side of the room; which made no sense at all. The bathroom is small and had no shampoo. There were stains on the ceiling. The ice machine was close by but people started using it at 5 in the morning. Also the walls were really thin and I could hear the people making noise in the next room. I think there's some problems, but it is a Super 8 so don't go in expecting the best hotel in up-state New York. The price was $85 (which is a good price for an average hotel) but I think the price could be lower for what the hotel is.

• Liked — The acceptable price range.
  • Disliked — The bed was uncomofortable and the pillows were too small.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank SomeLameNoob
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed December 5, 2006

I'm a pilot, always on the road, and I can almost always find a Super 8 close to my base of operations. Here in Batavia, NY, just between Rochester and Buffalo, I have found the most helpful management and staff imaginable.

I've always known Super 8 to be the one of the most economical places to stay, but never imagined the possibility of this level of courtesy, convenience, and cleanliness for the price.

I very highly recommend Super 8, and when in the area, stay at Super 8 Batavia.

Mike

• Liked — Courteous Staff
  • Disliked — Few restaurants within walking distance
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business