“Clean and Affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Batavia
Muskegon, Michigan
“Clean and Affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We do not normally stay at Super 8 but was passing through the area and checked Tripadvisor and found good reviews for this location. We were very pleased with the results. The room was very clean and the staff friendly. The hallways are rather dark and the room could use better lighting. The convenience of having a Bob Evans out front made it even better since we did not have to get back in the car and drive more just to eat. My only concern is the placement of the grab bar in the bathtub. It is up front near the faucet and it is squared off instead of rounded. My husband bent forward to pick up the soap he had placed on the edge of the tub and hit is eyebrow, close to the side of his eye, on the edge of it. The next day he had a black eye and had it the whole week we were on vacation! We are just thankful he didn't damage his eye or suffer a laceration. Overall we were very pleased and would definitely return to this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doris C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We are back to fun at Darien Lake and have had a positive experience here before. The check in was fast and the staff are all friendly and helpful.I just asked the housekeeping for clean towels each day, as we didn't want our beds made up. I requested a fridge to keep my drinks cold and fruit/veggies and yogurt fresh. The breakfast is good if you like waffles, toast, cinnamon rolls and yogurt. We stayed for 5 nights. It is clean and comfortable and close to alot of shopping and restaurants and a 15 min drive to Darien Lake. We always took the country drive to Darien Lake, but the 1-90 is very closeby. I would recommend you book ahead of time if you are planning a summer trip, it is a good deal on- line. There is a Bob Evans restaurant right next door to the hotel. I would recommend this hotel for a family on a budget, who still want to have fun!! I would recommend Denny's $$ menu for a affordable meal out. Kids eat free on Tues night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gillian K
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We did not book hotel we were a walk in and there was 4 in my group they only has 1 room available and it was a queen size bed and 139.00 a night it had a jacuzzi in the room but the staff told me they would show it to me first and if I wanted it they would give it to me for 129.00 but when I told them I would take it they changed it to 99.00 and even gave me a roll away bed free for the night so I got a really good deal the room was spotless and staff gave us extra towels and wash clothes right off the bat I didn't even have to ask so yes they are on top my list the next trip I make very friendly and helpful in every way. Thanks for your excellent care super 8 you are wonderful

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank ozzytina
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I didn't make reservations ahead of time, so I don't know how the price compares to others in the area, but I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The room was spotless, the staff was friendly, and the location off the New York Tollway and across from a Bob Evans restaurant was perfect after a long days drive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Been here alot of times Staff always nice Specially Stacy Weekend front desk worker plus breakfest is good & rooms are clean its in a nice location stores casino resturants its all close by reasonible rates

• Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was travelling as part of a group of 14, including vistors from Europe with yound children, arond lake Ontario from Toronto and back to Toronto. We needed a total of 4 rooms somewhere between Rochester and Niagara Falls, NY for one night. Based on availablity and price (and TripAdvisor reviews) we selected the Super8 in Batavia.
I arrived as part of the second half of the group late on Sunday night and the front desk person said hello, you must be... we were expecting you. Such attention to detail.
Adding a cot ... no problem.
Complimentary breakfast with a waffle maker. Wonderful. (A Bob Evans in almost the parking lot for thiose who want more to eat).
Directions to stores, no problem
The level of attention to detail, frendliness, and cleanliness exceeds my expectaionsfor budget hotel. I/we were pleasently surprised and very happy with the Super 8 Batavia.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Randy K
Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here overnight to go to a concert at Darren Lake, it was about 15 mins from there. Very nice room, very clean and very nice helpful staff. Would stay here again unless we would stay 2 night at Darren Lake. because they require you to stay 2 nights then we wouldn't have to drive after concert at all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batavia
Red Roof Inn Batavia
Hampton Inn Batavia
Hampton Inn Batavia
#1 of 13 in Batavia
4.0 of 5 stars 375 reviews

Been to Super 8 Batavia E of Darien Lake Theme Park? Share your experiences!