“Comfort food (and ale)!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of O'Lacy's Irish Pub

O'Lacy's Irish Pub
Ranked #3 of 79 Restaurants in Batavia
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Holmes Beach, Florida
“Comfort food (and ale)!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great stew and nice home made bread. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the service. Food was like home. Had a few pints as well. We enjoyed our layover in Batavia all because of this little joint.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank WalkerCuisine

port huron, MI
“EXCELLENT! Will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We found this great little place, thanks to TripAdvisor, and boy, did we love it! Wish we hadn't just been traveling thru town so that we could have stayed longer. It was a cozy, casual, Irish Pub atmosphere. Great burgers, stew, sandwiches and beer! 5 stars all the way around.

2 Thank partyplanner1972
Bergen, New York
“Best Guinness and Chips around!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We first visited years ago after O'Lacy's was recognized for their Guinness pour. What a wonderful pub! The homemade potato chips are a favorite as well as the sandwich they have called the Daily Harold. The only food that I have had there that I did not care for was the Shepherd's pie. I highly suggest O'Lacy's for food, atmosphere and drinks!!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank eskipom
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“"For Future Reference..."”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

My friend and I had just returned from a long deployment down range, and we wanted to celebrate with a nice girl's night out. We went to this pub looking for a good time. To say we were completely underwhelmed by the hoffifically bad service is an understatement. The word "apalled" is much more appropriate. Upon arriving, the waitress came to take our order. My friend asked if the bar served imported beers. The waitress looked at my friend like she had two heads, and didn't respond. So my friend prompted her, "...do you have any German beers. I mean, I know this is an Irish pub..."

The waitress had a sense of humor about as big as a flea. She just continued looking at my friend with a blank, albeit snotty look on her face. At any rate, she turned her back to my friend altogether and took my order. "Stella," I said. I was shocked that she knew to which beer I was referring, because she clearly wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, or spoon or fork for that matter.

We sipped on our beers and eventually decided to close our tab. Having vacated our seats several minutes prior in lieu of the completely desolate patio, my friend and I approached the bar. The bar maid, and to pay her even that grand service is doing her too much of a kindness (because she was only half as pretty as the ugliest bar maid which I have ever seen -- and I have seen some scary ones!), finally acknowledged us. I told her twice that I wanted to close out my tab. She pranced off to the other side of the bar, had a coniption the size of China, and returned about three minutes later with a receipt and my credit card.

"For future reference," she said in a mincing tone more suited to a board meeting, "The waitress does not close out the tab at the bar. The waitress keeps the tab on her person." I am not sure why this dumb ox felt the need to brief my friend and I on employee protocol; we certainly don't work there. Yet, she did, and she must have felt pleased as punch when she did it.

That's about as pleased as I felt when I wrote a big fat zero on the tip line. WHILE she watched-- no doubt too distracted by her own sanctimony to understand she had just made herself $3 the poorer. Following this, my friend and I quickly departed the bar. (There wasn't much to depart anyway; it was completely empty, and I can't for the sake of me imagine why; sarcasm.)

"For future reference," if you want to fill your cutesy little Irish pub to the rafters with jolly patrons, don't begin verbal interractions with the following words: "for future reference." All this aside, the pub really is a charming little place, but it is pretty comparable to a Miss America finalist: all looks, no substance. A for effort, but F. Just saying, you know, "for future reference."

• Visited September 2012
6 Thank jenipenny
London, Canada
“Great Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went to this small pub twice while visiting Batavia.

Excellent, friendly service. Good selection of beer. Steak dinner was first rate. Only problem was the kitchen closes at 9:00PM

Visited September 2012