“LOVE THEIR FOOD”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Yankee pot roast is the best along with ribs and many other dishes but have to try Yankee pot roast!!!

1  Thank jean c
There are newer reviews for Alex's Place

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had the sirloin steak. It wasn't exactly what I ordered, but it was so good I didn't really care. Service was friendly, but I think they were a little short-handed. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Have been to Alex's twice in the recent past and both times our food has been of excellent quality and our service kind, pleasant and prompt!

1  Thank Katherine W
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was in Batavia, New York on business. A group of us went out to dinner and on a suggestion, ended up at Alex's Place. Thank goodness someone thought ahead and made a reservation, because when we arrived we were told that if we did not have a reservation, we were not eating there that night! We were seated fairly quickly- but unfortunately, because the place is very small and very cramped, our party was spread out over three tables. I had a hard time getting to my seat as I had to weave my way through other dining patrons. I could hardly pull my chair out to sit down.
We were served quickly, and a basket of bread was brought for us to snack on. The table was small, and four of us had a hard time fitting our meals on the table. My plate was half on the table, and half hovering over my lap. The meal was good- cooked appropriately and served promptly. We were checked on several times throughout our meal.
While this meal was decent, I would not recommend this resturant for larger groups. It was so cramped and loud, it was nearly impossible to talk with those at our own table. We were not able to discuss any of the business that we wanted to, with the rest of our group that was scattered around the resturant.

1  Thank YarnDragon02
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I grew up in the Batavia area and was really disappointed b/c this place always got great reviews from my friends/family. I had never been there and since I'm not living in the area anymore I decided to take a look when I was on a home visit. Well, seating seems crowded. The tables and booths seem too close together. Waitress didn't seem to know about certain items. Bread was hard. Salads were very basic. Food tasted funny. I had ribs....didn't taste that great...almost tasted like deer (I hate deer!) Their wings were awful. Both the ribs and wings had no flavor. I'm used to a nice rub and tons of BBQ Sauce! The chicken was awful. A lot of fat and tasted like cat? Their "homemade" mashed potatoes tasted instant. Desserts were premade and typical....I had a coconut cream pie. The crust was bland and cardboard like. There were a lot of people there when we were there, but it seemed like a bunch of people from my hometown; too lazy to make dinner :-)

1  Thank iceliam21

Been to Alex's Place? Share your experiences!