“place to have an event”
Review of Carriage House

Carriage House
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Barryville
Cuisines: German, Hungarian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

just had our anual DUCKS UNLIMITED banquet and auction there for the 6th year in a row,had 106 guests and all were happy with the food and service.even della was walking around with a smile on her face we had a cple guest change their meal orders and she took it in stride and made it happen.agnes and attila were avail and accomadating as allways.we'll be back nxt year.we eat their regularly and have never had a bad experience the potatoe and pork is outstanding and the bread,go for the bread.i always get my burger the way i want it and the wings are, get the wings.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Well lets start off with the service..... poor at best. Once we ordered our drinks, a draft beer and a glass of water, it took about 10 minutes to get. There were 5 other tables in the restaurant and 3 wait staff that I saw so there should have been no excuse for that. We ordered our meal the waitress said she was bringing bread that was a 20 minute wait, mean time we sat for about 25 minutes with 3 out of 4 empty glasses while the waitress made numerous trips past our table. Bread was great, best part of the meal actually. Appetizers finally arrive, my spicy calamari was so bland I had to salt and pepper it to give it any kind of flavor. The waitress comes back after I had ate 1/2 of my calamari with a small bowl of spices and says the "chef" forgot to season it! I knew it was bad at that point when the server accepts that as "customer service" its bad. On to entrees, I ordered wings they came with so little sauce you couldn't see any on the plate at all. They tasted of grease which by the way I am still tasting and burping this am and extremely little taste other wise. The other 3 people in my party weren't impressed although their experience was little better than mine the service over all was pitiful. My suggestion would be to avoid this place for sure.

magnesny, Owner at Carriage House, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Hi Tom,

My name is Agnes, I am one of the owners of The Carriage House. I am really sorry you had a bad experience during your last visit at our restaurant. I usually walk around making sure everybody is satisfied. I am really sorry that I have missed you.
We are certainly not perfect, but all my effort is to serve you freshly prepared, good tasting food and above all, great service!
I apologize again for your experience, and I hope you give us a second chance.
Thank you for your time to review our business.

Agnes Makay

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I took my friends here for lunch while eagle watching. The food is good and the staff is friendly. After you eat walk to the bridge and look for eagles on the Delaware.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had the gulash which was really good. The only downside was the ambiance of the dining room was spooky as no one was there. We ended up in the bar area which was pub-ish..

Reviewed April 16, 2013

ffood taste fresh and I go there as much as possilbe. I have tried a lot of food there and I have never been disappointed