My complain in a nut shell
1. A mistake was made during phone reservation which took about 45 minutes long because I got a new girl in training.
2. Another mistake at check in with my campsite number
3. Yet another mistake at the "adventure check in" room/counter where they charged my account for deposit but incorrectly spelled my name for reservation
4. Aforementioned "adventure check in" had NO clear indication anywhere what procedures people waiting for certain activities should follow.
5. It should not take 15 minutes of politely waiting at the adventure check in counter to have someone behind me step forward instead and ask the very simple inquiry of what this counter was for as opposed to the window counter outside and if this was the adventure "check in" counter, and what was the procedure for check in.
6. Their were 2 other tents from the "start" sites parked on our site. why aren't their better separations for this? a picnic table on one side isn't too much to ask or figure out.
7. Fog horns, drunks and loose dogs at all hours of the day and night. ah, just what i hoped for in a nice camping trip. This campground should be sued for false advertisement.
8. I was also told that my site (KC-1008) had water and electric hook up. Of course, it did not.
9. Where are the riders indicating "premier/prime" campground site and that you had to book a water activity on top of that????
So many more complaints. I've been camping all my life and have travelled extensively. Hardly ami compelled to write a complaint about one issue. However, this trip has absolutely been one of those trips i bitterly regretted ever taking. I have never experienced any place worst than this.
Rest assured, I will be sure to post this on many blogs to get the word around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kittatinny Campground has 350 campsites on 250 acres in both beautiful wooded and open grass settings. Located in Barryville, New York, it is the premier campground along the scenic upper Delaware River in the Catskill Mountains offering prime (Delaware River front and Beaver Brook) or wooded sites. A beautiful trout stream winding through an enchanted forest of hemlock and oak provides inviting brookside camping in addition to our open, grass-covered sites bordering the Delaware River. Join us around the warm glow of a campfire for an evening under the stars after a day of relaxed fishing or exciting whitewater rafting. Kittatinny Canoes offers daily trips for experienced and novice paddlers. Raft, canoe, kayak, tube, calmwater and whitewater we have something for everyone, regardless of your experience level! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Barryville Base And Kittatinny Campgrounds Hotel Barryville