“Great Camping spot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kittatinny Campgrounds

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barryville
Kittatinny Campgrounds
You added Kittatinny Campgrounds to your Saves list
Ribeirao Preto, SP
“Great Camping spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

For those who like to go camping in a place where you can easily go to a regular bathroom and shower, this place is great. Pretty open sites with BBQ area and parking space. Is pretty cool that you can park your car next to the site too.
I also recommend their rafting tour. Is pretty cool :)
Going back next summer.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Rooms

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Middle Village, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Over crowded, beyond disgusting bathrooms, and rude staff. When I first walked into the bathroom I got sick to my stomach so I will spare you the details. My husband went to the office to complain about the bathrooms at around 8:00pm and was told "We had someone in to clean them at 4 but it's you people who are using the bathrooms." The next day they were even worse. The grounds were rocky, unkept, and dirty. Safe yourself some aggravation and look for another campground.

2 Thank Lori L

Travelers are raving about these Barryville hotels

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Just got back from kittatinny this morning with my husband and our dog. The first 2 nights we stayed with a large group of friends and we had a nice time. It wasn't loud and the employees came around in trucks a few times a day and even gave us extra garbage bags. The staff at the main house were friendly too. Now I know this is camping and not a 5 star hotel, but the bathrooms are absolutely disgusting. We paid $30 for 2 nights and you'd think they'd have decent facilities. I'm grateful that I was able to take a warm shower each day but the bathrooms are just gross--water and mud were always on the floor. At night practically all the toilets were clogged. All the activities are so expensive (I think kayaking was $45). I don't get how they only have a few bath houses for such a large property. With all the money they charge you there should be decent bathrooms. Who knows how often they are cleaned (mold was all over the bottom wall of one shower). 2 of our friends booked their campsite at kittatiny right near us and the neighbors were rude as anything. Blasting music past 11:00 then this morning one of them blasted music at 6:45 am!!! I was so pissed. No common curtesy at all. Overall we had a fun time but I don't think I'd come back here.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank CR501
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Please do not waste your money!
You are literally sleeping on highway!! LOUD trucks all night long, and tents are very close to each other, so it's extremely loud if you want to sleep. Campground is dirty and very-very rude, unorganized and dishonest staff!! (overcharged us due to their own mistake)
NEVER COMING BACK!

3 Thank Natalie B
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Three friends of mine and my husband (all in our early 30's) just got back from here this weekend. Kittatinny Campgrounds is a great place to visit --- if you DON'T want to go camping and are looking for aggravation and little to no sleep. If you are looking for:

- campsites that are right on top of one another.
- loud rap music blasting until 5:00 in the morning
- people screaming and cursing while you try to sleep
- fireworks being set off all throughout the night
- sloping, hilly grounds to pitch your tent

then this is the place for you!

Initially, 3 friends, my husband and I booked a campsite at the Kittatinny PA site. Upon arriving, however, we were shocked to see that, although we had requested a site that was set back in the woods and isolated - (mentioning specifically that we did not want to be right on top of other campers) - we were not only surrounded by other campers, we were also right next to a busy road. Additionally, our "campsite for 8" could barely fit one 2 person tent and was on a patch of dirt. We requested to be transferred to the New York site instead, which was 45 minutes away and was allegedly "more woodsy." We decided to book two campsites right next to each other to give ourselves some extra room, just in case.

When we arrived at the New York site, we pulled into a bustling parking lot. Lots of people were milling around, checking in, getting ready to leave for or returning from one of the many activities Kitatinny offers: rafting, kayaking, zip-lining....over the parking lot (??)...I was a little wary, wondering if the campsites would be as packed as the parking lot, but remained hopeful. From the main parking lot, we drove up a winding road. Luckily, there were trees at this site!! Which was an improvement from the PA site. However, there were tents and people everywhere the eye could reach. Tent on top of tent on top of tent. Luckily, the 3 sites right next to our own were vacant, so that gave us some extra space.

We all got over the fact that the campground was much more packed and loud than what we had been envisioning. Had we camped at other places where things were much quieter, more peaceful, and more scenic? Sure. But, whatever! We were hear to have a good time. Sure, the fact that the site across from ours was blasting Wu Tang Clan from their jeep stereo at a volume so high that the bass was vibrating in our chests was a little irritating but, what the heck. It was only about 5:00. Quiet hours were stated in the contract as not starting until 11 pm. We would be fine. And hey, it's not as if we were looking to sit around, whisper, and slip into our tents at 8:30 pm. We drank some beers, played cards, sat around our fire, laughed. We just knew to keep it down once 11:00 rolled around.

Unfortunately, not many other seemed to know this.

I believe I slept a total of 3 hours while camping. When I tell you that people were literally screaming at the top of their lungs and cursing until 5:00 a.m., I mean they were literally screaming and cursing until 5:00 am. Fire works (though allegedly banned) also went off multiple times at ungodly hours throughout the night. (our dog especially loved this) Luckily, in between the cursing, screaming, and explosion of fireworks, there was a nice reprieve when campers at another site decided it was time to start attacking surrounding trees with a machete. (something else that is allegedly banned) Kitattiny also, logically, also decrees that campers may not arrive after a given time. (I think it's something like 4:00 pm) Makes sense, right? Somehow, however, a caravan of 8 cars (I am not exaggerating) at the site next to us managed to roll in at 12:45 am...which was, apparently the perfect time to pitch tents, blast music, and have loud conversations.

Could this campground have potential? Probably. Truthfully, I think we could have gotten over the fact that the campground was packed - it WAS gorgeous summer weekend after all. We could have even gotten over the fact that our tent was pitched on a hill and that people were RIGHT next to you. The Delaware river is down the hill and across the street and Kittatinny offers soooo many raft/kayaking excursions that would probably be a blast. But their lack of follow through with their own rules seems to have resulted in clientele that are increeeedibly rude and self-centered. We were also really excited that Kittatiny allowed us to bring our dog. As I said before, I camped with 4 other young, laid back people that were also looking to have a good time. By no means were we expecting complete silence at all times. But we also were not expecting to be woken repeatedly at all hours of the night by explosions, machetes, blaring rap music, screaming, and cursing. To me, this was not camping - it was more like spending a night at a trailer park. We will never go back here again.

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here on the weekend of 07/19. I review everywhere I go. So i guess you could say that I had my doubts on this camp ground..The groups sites are defiantly packed tight. It kind of looked like a compound.. But we stayed in the 500's which where awesome. Nicely spaced out. Away from everything. The security was a joke but they are there if you need them.. Not that they can do much. Where we stayed we really couldn't hear the music just a low base thump. Over all it was a good time. I'm sure the holiday weekends could get crazy.

Room Tip: If your looking for a quiet site choose the 500's.