Cedar Rapids Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Barryville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Reviewed August 3, 2014

This restaurant keeps changing owners and with each change, a new application for a liquor license goes in. I don't drink, so not a problem. The property is adjacent to a camp ground and rubber raft/canoe livery. The restaurant is open year round. I have been there in winter with a roaring fireplace. They have a nice outdoor dining area overlooking the river. Most meals are of the sandwich/basket/burger variety although some entrees are available. They also have a variety of appetizers, salads and soups. I had the prime rib and it was delicious. Came with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetable. Refills on soft drinks. Prices were quite reasonable. If you need alcohol to have a good time, you may want to consider elsewhere, but if you are a tea-totler like me, you should find this as a nice family restaurant. Hopefully they will get their liquor license before changing owners again.

1  Thank Tatanka49

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I came to Cedar Rapids looking for a pay phone to use as my campsite did not have one. The manager of the restaurant David and his wife were so accommodating . They let me use their land line. I met the owner of the property, Rich who also has a rafting and canoe business as well as river side campsites on the Delaware river where his property sits. He was very friendly and offered me a great deal on a canoe rental. This is the place to buy your wood for the campsite. He charges $15 a wheel barrel full. A very generous amount of wood and much cheaper than my own campsite for just a small bundle. I would say visit this place and eat at the restaurant or have a drink on the back deck facing the river. It is a great way to spend some time while in the area for the day or passing through.

1  Thank savvytraveler1966
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Don't waste your time by going here. My Family and I went this past weekend for lunch. Waste of time. There is No beer or liqour being served, because they have no liqour license again. As we walked in, the bartender informed us that it was "Bring Your Own Bottle." Not the end of the world, so we all sat down to eat. Our waitress took Forever with our drinks, and to take our order. The food when it did come out, was just bad. My Cheesesteak roll came out stale, when i sent it back, all the cook did was toast it. My kids didn't even like the hotdogs. They used to have a view of the river years ago. Not anymore. There's no trees or view left on the property. They have construction equipment all over. There building giant concrete pillars to close everything off. It just makes you feel unwelcome. If it stays the way it is now, I will never go back again.

4  Thank Joe P
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Don't waste your time. We set out to have a nice simple lunch and wound up spending 2 and a half hours here. We had a group of 16, but they told us they could take us. We were seated almost right away after we arrived. Our waitress was slow from the start, but not awful. Getting drinks refilled took a long time. They served baskets of chips as we were waiting for our food and once they were emptied they were never refilled. After about 45 minutes of waiting for food we started to ask about it and we were told they were "putting it together" About another 10 minutes after that the manager came out and told us it would be another 10-15 minutes. Food was brought out randomly and some people were finished before other people at our table got their food. They admitted that they completely forgot about one of our orders and that they had just started it when we asked where it was. There was no communication that they were swamped or running behind and that it would be a little while longer until we asked about our food, and even then they didn't try to be accommodating and refill drinks or chips. Some members of the party got up and walked out to the porch as we were waiting and a member of the staff out there was telling a member of the staff inside over a walkie talkie that we were complaining amongst ourselves about the service. The food was not good either. French fries were undercooked. The cheesesteak was bad. As we were waiting for our food we witnessed a screaming match between members of the staff in the main bar area. It took far too long for our checks to arrive and they only took off 25-30 percent for our inconvenience, because we had asked for that. Definitely never going back and don't waste your time here either. Extremely unprofessional atmosphere and the food wasn't good. Also note that even though the word "bar" is in the name, when we were there they had a sign posted that they cannot serve any alcohol..

1  Thank Kendra A
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What The Hell Happened To Cedar Rapids? I've Gone There Many Times Over Past Summers, And This Trip Will Be My Last. They've Destroyed The Beautiful Scenery By Cutting Down All The Trees On The River Front. Everything Was Chained Off And There Was No Easy Way Down To The Camp Sites. The Staff Who Used To Be So Friendly And Nice, Were Rude And Didn't Seem To Want To Work. They Are Still Pending There Liquor License, So They Can't Serve Alcohol At The Bar. And After Hearing Horrible Things About There Food We Didn't Even Bother To Order Food. It Wasn't Worth The Trip This Summer, And My Family And I Will Not Be Back.

4  Thank DaysEnd