“Great bar food, not so great with the entrees”

Cedar Rapids Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Barryville
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went to Cedar Rapids last year and the experience was so great we decided to go back again this year. There was a large group of us camping next door at Kittitany and we always come here our last night.

Our appetizers were really good - great wings!!!! But when our food came, we were disappointed. I don't believe any of us liked our entrees. Not the ribeye, not the bad broccoli, not the chicken marsala, not the shrimp scampi (although that was the best one I tasted).

So go far the wings, potstickers and zucchini sticks.

1  Thank nekobaby

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Haven't been there since last year. View is great and so was the food. Hit or miss on how busy they are.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We look forward to Mondays in Summer because we know we're "going to the porch" as I call it. We've taken dozens of people with us and they want to go back whenever we're going! The Specials on Monday night are so reasonable, the atmosphere "relaxed", the staff all know us, and we are very happy when we leave, because we know we'll be back the next Monday. I plan to take my grandchildren this summer. The kids can explore the river bank while waiting for their meals. We have eaten at many "snob" restaurants, but enjoy Cedar Rapids and look forward to summer nights. If I could, I'd eat there every other night in summer just to get my fill for when it's closed. Can't wait 'til summer 2013.

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

worth checking out if you are in the area. basic bar food offerings. we both had salad with grilled chicken and shrimp and the smoked trout app. no complaints food was fresh and service was attentive and quick. beautiful outdoor deck overlooking the river. inside is a rustic country decor complete with real wood furnishings and deer heads on the wall and a nice crack line fireplace for a crisp fall afternoon. I liked it a lot.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were camping at Indian Head and decided to go out to dinner one night and it ended up being two. The overall is experience was good with a nice balance of fish and meat dishes. The burgers and onion rings were worth a road trip in of itself and the wife thought the Cod was well done. The dinning area overlooked the river and overhead fans provided a welcoming breeze in the hot summer night. The service was slow (overwhelmed) but very nice. It’s a great stop for a family and super road stop if you are motorcycling along the Delaware. Big portions, homemade desserts, decent beers on draft and the prices are very reasonable.