“Family girls get together over great family style Italian dinner”

Augie's Family Style Italian
Ranked #3 of 92 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 1, 2014

It was the first time I went to their new place.. It's similar size with higher ceilings so it feels different than the original place.. Also the bar is in a little bit disconnected area..
We were six and had a reservation.. We were seated at the time of our reservation.. I am pretty laid back but most of the ladies I went with are more picky..
Our server was very nice and welcoming.. She brought delicious bread with butter.. We started with house salad and grilled eggplant.. In Augies all dishes come family style.. Which means even in American big portion size it's huuuuuge.. In Europe you can probably feed 10 people from the same size of plates :)
The salad came with italian dressing.. Reminded a little olive garden salad.. The eggplant was sliced round, grilled and topped with marinara sauce.. I think there was half a pound of mozzarella on top of it.. I love eggplant so I felt like I'm in haven..
The rest off the group ordered sunday special meatballs and sausage in red sauce with ziti.. Which came with grilled garlic bread.. I don't eat pasta but tried both meatballs and sausage and it was yummy..
They also ordered chicken parm which came with spaghetti.. And gnocchi with mushrooms.. Since our cousin is vegetarian, she asked if they can skip the sausage.. They gladly accommodated and actually served the sausage in separate bowl for the rest of the group.. We had so much food left which we gladly took back home..
Great place to have cozy family dinner in family style setting...

2  Thank Moby_Puppy
There are newer reviews for Augie's Family Style Italian

Reviewed August 21, 2014

I called for a reservation for two people and was told they don't take reservations for two only six and up. We went anyway and was told 45 minutes was the wait time. We waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for a table. The food was delicious and the service was very good once we were seated. Don't wait until the last race is over at Saratoga you will wait a long time.

2  Thank Liz B
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Everyone always raves about the food so my family and I had to give it a try. We went with a large group and ordered a variety of salads, appetizers, drinks, dinners and desserts. Everything was delicious and portions are very large. As mentioned before in other reviews, the prices are a bit higher because one meal feeds 3-4 people(family style). Great for leftovers! Our waitress was wonderful as well. We were all extremely pleased with our visit and left full.

2  Thank caliocala
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Haven't been to their new location but have enjoyed their takeout several times. Love their eggplant parm and gnocchi! Portions are huge and flavorful.

2  Thank alp0722
Reviewed July 16, 2014

A large amount of great food - one order would cover 4 people No dislikes - great service and very clean place

2  Thank Marjorie F