“Trip advise feedback spot on”

Augie's Family Style Italian
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Albany, NY
“Trip advise feedback spot on”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Exactly as described... Centrally located in ballston spa, huge portions, traditional Italian atmosphere buzz, phenomenal waiter...Marc...kids enjoyed writing on paper table cloths and loved the waiter...sauce wasn't great to me, but overall experience and portion sizes made it a winner. Spend 67 for 2adults, 2 kids and had enough left overs for full dinner day two. Will definitely go back...can't believe I've lived here for 20 yrs and never went here....they need to advertise more.

Clifton Park, New York
“Too cramped, mediocre food”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Waiting for a table I couldn't even fit inside the restaurant. The tables were so close together I would bump the person behind me with my elbow as I tried to eat and there is so little space for the servers to move I thought I was going to get clocked in the head every time someone walked by with a huge tray of food. Of course other patrons walking by were not nearly as attentive and I got hit with coats, purses, elbows, and children's feet.

They packed so many people in that tiny place I could barely hear the other people at my table. Luckily, nobody in my party takes up a lot of space so we were able to all fit at the table, but had that not been the case I don't know how we would have managed. As it is, we were thigh to thigh during the entire meal and a trip to the bathroom for people on the inside next to the wall would have been a huge inconvenience for the people at the surrounding tables and the servers.

I was unimpressed with the food - run of the mill italian and way too much of it. Pasta, sauce, cheese - nothing special. Sure, a lot of food for the money, but when its such average food, who would want so much?

I had no complaints about the service - our server was attentive and helpful - the only redeeming quality of the night.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank ejs2121
Saratoga Springs, New York
“For the Family”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Nice place to bring the family or a group. The place is compact so the tables are close together. The large portions of very good Italian food are served family style and one portion serves 2 diners. So make sure you're in on the selection process. Ordering can get a bit confusing. Service is great in a friendly atmosphere. They make you feel right at home.

• Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“OMG...Too much food and I loved it!!!!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My manager arranged a business meal for a group of colleagues at Augies. The portions at this restaurant are beyond huge - they can feed an army or two. We chose the kitchen sink, egg plant, chicken marsalla, along with ziti and pasta. Even with six of us dining we could not finish everything. The consensus among our group was the food was delicious, the service was great, and the ambience worked out well for us. This is the 3rd time I have dined at Augies and my first review. I would feel very comfortable bringing my family, friends, and/or business associates here.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank 760Mike
Greenfeild Center
“Excellent food and huge proportions”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Some of the best Italian food you'll experience upstate. Worth every penny. The place is, however, on the small side, so often you wait to be seated in cramped quarters, but I still highly recommend it.

• Visited January 2013