“Good, fast breakfast”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friends and I stopped on our way out of town and had a good breakfast. Service is friendly and fast. Lots of choices on the menu.

1  Thank RHBeatty

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Diners have the benefit of limited customer expectations -- things just need to be clean, with reasonable food at reasonable prices. Nobody is expecting fancy culinary acrobatics from the kitchen or impeccable service in which your server recites the farms at which the food recently grew. Why, then, cannot a local diner such as that in Malta, NY meet these expectations?

For a breakfast, during which the diner had mostly empty tables, we were made to wait a very long time, first to be seated and then to receive the food we ordered. I chose the safe route, I thought, by asking for French toast; what could go wrong with that? The answer is that you could get a piece of white bread that had some meager egg wash on the outer surfaces, and was dry within. The medium size apple juice was a very small glass of low quality juice. The waitress seemed annoyed by having a customer.

C'mon. How hard is it to satisfy a diner customer seeking a simple breakfast? If this is too challenging, it might be time to pack up your cheap maple syrup mini-containers and move on to a job at the mall, managing the scotch tape store.

1  Thank justjobe
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

The Malta Diner is a nice family restaurant. Breakfast arrived quickly. The menu has all the breakfast classics. Excellent corned beef hash!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was not sure what to expect when we met friends at this small diner off Route 9. We used to go to the Saratoga Diner but since that abruptly closed last year we were looking for a new diner in the area. To say we were pleasantly surprised is an understatement. They may be small but that have an amazing selection of options from breakfast to dinner items. We ordered meals from breakfast to dinner items and everyone was better than the last. My only complaint is that it's so small I am afraid if we stop back for breakfast on the weekend we may not get in but we are going to try!

1  Thank mbrjpr
Reviewed April 18, 2013

There were knives, jelly packets, food, and filth under the tables. All of the breakfast items had a dirty oily grill taste. Then the worst...I went to the ladies room to find three of the stalls had dust particles all over the seats and the toilet paper rolls. I look up and the overhead fan had no cover on it and was filled with layers and layers of dust that was falling onto the stalls. I am so disgusted. I ate there once before in the summer and had problems with an abundance of flies. I should never have gone back and I never will. They were renovating the place but no where was any renovation going on in the bathrooms or area that we were seated. It was just everyday filth.

1  Thank hereinny