“Very Disappointed and too pricey.”

and 1 more site!
Medbery Inn and Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballston Spa
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was an important trip for my family. I booked 3 rooms for 2 nights each, with the hope of a Bed and Breakfast experience. At $237 per night I expected a breakfast as promised. I understood we would have to go elsewhere for it, but didn't expect a meger $5's. The waffle place was great but ended up costing my husband and I another $20. The second night we had to search for the maid to get the gift certificates for the next day since they were not provided. She was very nice, but never around and the only one ever there. When I needed an extra towel, I had to find it myself. We needed an extra pillow, all I could find was a pillow case which I put on a bolster. She never ate at the places we asked about for breakfast and couldn't answer any of our tourist questions. The condition of the facility was extremely disappointing. It is in a state of disrepair, although they seem to be fixing it up since I could smell paint and see area's that had been painted and area's that needed to be. I will never return, and feel extremely disappointed that we paid so much money for no service since the coffee provided wasn't even good and when I put creamer in my coffee and it curdled!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Beth V

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was the second time I have been to the Medbery Inn and Day Spa. Both times I had a great experience! It is beautifully decorated, clean, and a comfortable and relaxing environment. Both times I had a mineral bath and a massage and both were very enjoyable. The mineral bath makes your skin feel wonderful! What I really wanted to post about specifically was the massage I got from Nikki and how she went above and beyond what I was expecting. I talked to her about how I have been having migraines and she went out of her way to accommodate my needs and gave me a wonderful massage and advice about things I could do to help. It was wonderful service and I highly recommend her and the spa to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Nicole L
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband booked a "suite" at the Medberry Inn and spa which consisted of a small bedroom with a whirlpool in the bathroom. The Inn was very outdated including the tiny television. On our floor was a coffee area which was not fresh. Their website gave the impression that we would have our choice of restaurants for breakfast. We were given vouchers for one restaurant that didn't even cover the cost of coffee, eggs and toast. The only silver lining was a nice pedicure that my husband booked for me. We would never stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Flashmom10
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I just love coming in last minute for the day. The local charm makes me feel like I've gone away for the weekend! Spa services are very nice, and Bill is excellent. Can't wait for my next day spa treat!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank RenLin_13
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went to this spa and inn a few times for a relaxing, romantic get away but the last time it was disappointing. The rooms are not cleaned very thoroughly, We were signed up for spa services that we did not order and that we were expected to pay for! The manager/owner was very unfriendly also. We will not be going back. This place has gone down hill in several ways.

Room Tip: I would go to another place if you want a good experience.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MagiLevine
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is our second year in a row going to the Medbery for a weekend getaway. We aren't into the track or any of that, and we had such a wonderful time last year, we decided to go back again, before it gets busy! Family owned and run, it is just such a treat. The most comfy beds, wonderful suites, directions to fun places to go in Saratoga for the evening, spa services to die for...you name it, it's all there!! Thanks again for another amazingly fun and relaxing weekend!! See you next year!!

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the suites.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichMcCluskey
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my second trip to the spa for a mineral bath. The mineral bath are something we can not experience in my state. The staff at the spa are always polite and helpful. The manager has
always given us great tips like eating at the whistling kettle and what to do in Manchester, VT.
This time, Jim (I believe his name is) had to reopen the SPA at night because I discovered I lefted my I phone in the bath room. He know we were on a tight schedule because it was a road trip and was very agreeable around helping us out by looking for my phone! Thanks again
A road trip to NY is not complete without a mineral bath!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt Place Saratoga / Malta
Saratoga Arms
Saratoga Arms
#2 of 34 in Saratoga Springs

Been to Medbery Inn and Day Spa? Share your experiences!