“Love the Medbery”

Medbery Inn and Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballston Spa
Reviewed October 7, 2011

First of all, notice that every negative review of this property was left by reviewers whose only review was of the Medbery. Secondly, notice that virtually all of them were more than a year old. The negative comments are so absurd they're almost certainly fake.

I have used the day spa at the Medbery twice before, and am just enjoying the last night of a Girlfriends' Getaway. The room is beautiful, the breakfast was delicious and a wonderful lunch from the Whistling Kettle was included. The jacuzzi was clean and the bathroom was lovely. In addition, they use high quality towels - not the pumice-scrubbers that most hotels use.

Even the little pullout bed in the deluxe room was very comfortable.

The Girlfriends' Getaway is a little expensive, and if you break down what you get for what you pay, it may not seem like a "bargain" (actually, I'm pretty sure there's no actual savings off the regular separate prices). But we had a wonderful time and the spa services were very professional.

This place would not be in business for as long as it has been if those negative reviews were even remotely true. Read them with caution, then make an appointment and see for yourself. It wouldn't surprise me if they were written by ringers being paid by business rivals. Ridiculous.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank ciocio1
There are newer reviews for Medbery Inn and Day Spa

Reviewed October 9, 2010

I went to the Medberry Inn and Spa two days before my wedding for spa treatments to relax. I was a little concerned after reading some reviews, but we decided to still go anyways. We started with tea at the Whistling Tea Kettle up the street and then worked our way to the Medberry. I don't know why people are complaining, but the staff was very accomodating and very nice. I felt so relaxed and will return.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank LoneRock
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Had planned a celebration at the spa for my daughter's 21st birthday.
I became ill that morning and had to cancel.
I was told beforehand there was a 72 hour cancellation policy and I would be billed for all procedures if I cancelled.
I called my daughter and sister in law and they decided they would still go to the Spa since I had to pay anyway.
An hour later I called the spa to say my group would still be there. My daughter was looking for a 3rd person to go and I let them know that.
When they checked in at 1pm, they were very rude at the desk . An older gentleman at the desk snidely said ,"Oh,it's the on again off again group ".
My sister in law is a doctor in the area and was so upset with this treatment, especially considering the money we were spending .
I called the spa to let them know this, I think it was the owner who made the rude comment.
There are other spas in the area and I will try them in the future. It is a wonder this place stays open !

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Newport77
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I received a gift certificate for the Medberry and decided to have a facial. Having had many facials before, I would rate this one below average. The hand massage was very poor...a child could have done better. The facial itself lacked certain procedures especially the area around your nose which needs special attention. I also found the ambiance 'too Victorian'....when I lay in a chair to get pampered, some lighter colored towels or sheets would look way more professional than the dark rose colored theme. For the money I spent I expected more.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I recieved an email from Travelzoo saying that i would get the 3rd night free and 10% off all spa services. I booked a spa weekend for myself & 2 best friends and we went over MLK weekend. The hotel was cozy but the suite that we rented was not as big as was described. Also we could hear the plumbing every time someone would take a shower, so that was not relazing. Moreover, the jacuzzi tub was dirty. The complimentary breakfast was basically just a continental spread, especially if you didnt get down there exactly at 9am.

What really upset me is that the owners did not honor the advertised deal on Travelzoo for the 10% off spa services, even after i showed them the orginal email and correspondence with the hotel receptionist about the price. They said we were already getting a deal because we purchased spa packages. I would never go back there again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nitrous04
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I took my Mom for a manicure & pedicure for her 73rd birthday. She always has these services done at her local Walmart. I wanted o treat her to something special and some pampering on her birthday.

Basically what we was got a glorified nail polish change. Or nails were shaped but not trimmed, buffed, or smoothed. My polish was so thick it looks lumpy on my nails. My Mom only received on coat of polish on both hands and feet, neither of us received a top coat. My Mom was told her skin was too fragile for exfoliating (which she has done every 4-6 weeks at Walmart). Neither of us received a hand/arm or foot/leg massage. I was very dissatisfied with the service we received. Would never go there again and would definitely not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009
2  Thank tammyjo66
Reviewed February 14, 2009

We had an amazing time staying at the Medberry Inn and Suites. My husband and I wanted to get away for an evening and our room was perfect. We stayed in one of the jacuzzi suites. I don't know what some of the people on here are talking about when they say it was not clean, our room was emmaculuate. The jacuzzi tub for two was beautiful, as was the bathroom. All new fixtures, and a nice cozy fireplace in the room. The only thing that would have made it a bit better was if the fireplace was real (and not electric) but it still created a romantic setting nonetheless. The town was quant and the inn was 5 minutes from downtown Saratoga Springs. Breakfast in the morning was delicious and the owner was a sweetheart. We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet getaway for a night. The price was also great for the accomodations, one reason we chose this place because we were on a tight budget.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Saratoga Arms
Saratoga Arms
#1 of 34 in Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratoga Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Saratog...
#2 of 34 in Saratoga Springs

Been to Medbery Inn and Day Spa? Share your experiences!