“Good Pizza, Sub-par Dinners”
Review of Primo Pizzeria

Primo Pizzeria
Ranked #25 of 93 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
“Good Pizza, Sub-par Dinners”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

The day we moved into our new house back in August, we ordered pizza from Primo for a quick meal. We got 2 pizzas, both were really good.

Just recently we got another supreme style pizza from Primo it was the same.

There pizza is good. Its a little pricey (what isnt these days) and they could leave it in the oven a bit more, but its good.

Tonight we decided get some dinners and give that a try. An order of ziti and meatballs and order of ziti with sausage in vodka sauce.

The sauce was pretty good, not runny. More of a chunky tomato sauce. Meatballs were ok.

However the vodka sauce dish was tired. It was runny, the pasta was horribly overcooked and although I thought it would be better, the sausage was not cut from links but broken up sausage and so it lacked flavor. It just mixed in with the soupy vodka sauce.

They need to not cook the macaroni so much!

if ya want pizza, get it. If you want more? Good luck.

Never tried the wings though.

1 Thank mgag1209

Niskayuna, New York
“Good pizza but not a great value”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

To start the pizza is pretty good (I Love NY Pizza is better). We got a 8 cut NY style pizza which was good, but the size of the pizza seemed small for the $12.00 price for just a cheese pie.

We got a dozen mild wings which were very tasty and had a little crunch which we appreciated. Again, the price seemed a little high...$9.00 for a dozen.

Also, there were no fountain beverages and the 20 oz bottles were $2.00 - $2.50 a piece.

So for a small cheese pie, a dozen wings and 2 sodas cost us almost $30.

The decor was minimal....but to be fair the place is mostly a take out restaurant.

The service was good considering the place doe mostly take out.

I might return but definitely like I Love NY Pizza more.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ernie_Schenk
Ballston Spa, New York
“Still Great”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoy that the owner always make a point of checking on the customers himself. The pizza is great, the wraps are good also. The meatball sub is huge and tasty. The garlic knots are usually good. We also enjoy the salads. The restaurant is clean. Sometimes it take a bit long to get the order but then they make the food to order so it is fresh and good. We would certainly recommend Primo Pizza to anyone.

• Visited September 2013
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Best takeout in the area”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I've had almost every pizza in town, but still rate Primos the best. This past Saturday I had need to provide lunch for my sister and I - so we ordered wings and a sausage calzone - they too were excellent. I wasn't optimistic that they would deliver early on Saturday afternoon but they said no problem! The delivery is quick, and the prices excellent.

1 Thank Karen J
Galway, New York
“Primo Pizzeria and More”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Got a 12" turkey sub - it was really good.
They have alot of Pasta entrees as well as pizza - and subs and salads.
You can eat in or take out - I do think they need more help - she was making my sub and every time someone came in she would stop to wait on them - or she could of finished my subs then waited on the walk ins!

• Visited January 2013