“I think this is my new favorite place”
Review of Strata Wine Bar Food - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Strata Wine Bar Food
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We won a gift certificate and took several months to use it, now that we have been I am ashamed I waited so long. I was surprised to find this was Meditteranean/Greek. I didnt know it and was very pleased. I knew what kind of experience we were in for when they put a teaser of marinated olive with bread. My husband and I just looked at each other and grinned. Kelly our server was well informed and excited about us trying everything. She said she was PROUD to work at this restaurant. My husband has been a server at over a dozen restaurants and he said that is a rare thing to find.
In any case, had the lemon/chicken/rice soup that has a long Greek name that was spectacular and soothed my flu-ish head. I also had a grilled cheese app that was great too. There is just a load of love put into these dishes. Ambiance not overdone, friendly and warm and we will definitely be going back!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently moved to upstate NY from Seattle and Brooklyn - I found Strata to be one of the best eating experiences in this region. It's unusual fare for upstate NY, they know their middle eastern herbs and how to use olive oil. The pork was BOMB. They also make lots of ingredients in house, serve good fish, and have a unique wine selection (not the same as all the restaurants up here that use similar distributers). The owner was on the floor while we were there and introduced herself to everyone, which was lovely. I would highly recommend this spot for a nice date, to show off to a foodie, or to bring a small group that likes lots of dishes and wine, Mediterranean style.

1  Thank Rosemarie F
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Authentic Greek dishes - great selection of wines and very attentive staff! We've been there twice and plan to go back

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Fine service, lovely atmosphere, delectable food start to finish. Refined, fresh, complex flavored. Chef Joseph came out to share secrets in food prep

1  Thank Lindal51
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Found the service at this restaurant to be less than professional and bordering on a bit curt. We were a party of five with only 3 other parties in the entire restaurant. Arrived promptly at 7, ordered salads and entrees and then proceeded to wait close to an hour before we received the salads. A couple of guests in our party wanted wine....we had to ask to order it.

Our server did not come to the table with an explanation as to why we had to wait such a long time to get our salads. Frankly it was befuddling. When we were served the salads they were quite fresh and nicely presented. Waited a good while more for entrees which were ok. Our server came by and partially cleared away plates while some guests were still eating. I find it difficult to excuse these kind of service errors. I got the feeling we were being rushed out and that the server was less than interested.

1  Thank 5TomatoDiner