“Gourmet fare in the country!”
Review of Abeel's Restaurant

Abeel's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 92 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Abeel's is like no other in the area. It's hidden away in Ballston Spa but what a find when you do. It's become our "go to" restaurant. Great pizza and wings right up to the best gourmet meal you could ask for with desserts to die for and all made fresh right there. The specials are always different and always "special!" Don't miss this hidden gem!

2  Thank Michele G

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was so surprised to read the "Not for fine dining" review. While I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion, we find the duck delicious. My husband's only difficulty is choosing between it and Tony's newer filet of beef dish. They're both simply wonderful -- and, in our opinion, not at all boring with the varying sauces he keeps the duck entree interesting. My husband's favorite is the raspberry sauce, but he finds the mango sauce also very good. Today we had yet another pefect meal. I had the beef stew special and my husband had the filet of beef. Both meals were wonderfully prepared. All we can suggest is that you give Abeel's a try. I'll be very surprised if you come away disappointed.

1  Thank Carol E
Reviewed October 19, 2013

off the beaten path, but close to where we live so thought we'd check it out. Hubby is an excellent cook so we look for places that offer special tasting food, sauces, herbs and flavors that meld together. We did not find it here. Salmon, boring, Duck, boring. It was all prepared nicely, good presentation, but just didn't impress our taste buds at all. Maybe better for Pizza and lighter fare, but not if you're looking for a fine meal.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place is off the beaten track, but, given the good internet reviews, we decided to try after visiting Lake Lucerne. We weren't too hungry, so opted to share a pizza, leery, because this didn't seem to be a place that specializes. It took awhile (we had the sense, since we were early, that they were firing up the oven) but the pie was very well done, and delicious. Also, we were gratified at the friendliness of staff & patrons; usually, out in the boonies, the reception is much cooler. If we're around, we'll be back to try some of their other offerings.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Spent a few days in the Saratoga area last week. As we have been doing for many years, my husband & I visited Abeel's restaurant. It is truly our favorite place in the entire region. My husband loves onion rings, so we always have an order of thoses. Abeel's has the best onion rings we have ever eaten. The rings are hot & crispy & the onion inside is perfectly cooked. Their house-made salad dressing is delicious as well as the home baked bread. After many years, we have never had anything less than a wonderful meal here. The prices are reasonable & the portions plentiful. Julie is always friendly & welcoming and our waitress does an excellent job. She is helpful & conscientious without hovering. A visit to Abeel's is one of the reasons we so enjoy our annual trip to Saratoga!

1  Thank Karen S