“Great place for breakfast or brunch!”
Review of Iron Roost

Iron Roost
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Ballston Spa
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Here at Iron Roost, we dare to be different. Our specialty is gourmet waffles, but it really is so much more!! Kind service, a cozy atmosphere, and some of the best darn coffee you'll ever sip on. We are passionate about what we do, and take pride in the quality and uniqueness of our product. We use only the finest and freshest ingredients to create dishes that will fill your belly and warm your heart. We hope you enjoy your experience as much as we did creating it. Thank you. Long live the waffle!
Ballston Spa
“Great place for breakfast or brunch!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food is delicious! It's a filling meal that will definitely get you through to dinner! The two times that I have been, my daughter has been with me. She loves the waffles with nutella! The french toast waffles are also amazing. Each time we went there was a very talented gentleman making balloon characters for the kids. The service is fast and friendly and the downtown Ballston Spa location is perfect. I highly recommend the Iron Roost!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank KHParent

Albany, New York, United States
“No waffling around--great place !”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been here several times, and enjoyed each meal. It was a thrill to see them open on Indy Day, and it was busy mid-morning (good for them!). Various dishes, freshly cooked, with a waffle winkle(many served with waffles). Excellent taste and something for veggie lovers and meat lovers alike. Might have to move closer!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kenneth G
Utica, New York
“Great Little Spot”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé & I originally went to Ballston Spa to eat at the Whistling Kettle, but it was closed, so instead we went to the Iron Roost. And I must admit...I'm so happy that happened. First of all the hostess was wonderfully pleasant. She said there was a 30 min wait but it ended up being much less. Once we placed our order we went to sit down in their nicely decorated dining area. It looked like they got a lot of great ideas from Pinterest. Once the food came we pretty much fell in love with the place. The waffle sandwiches were great. We also got a sweet waffle with Nutella & bananas. So good!!! We will def be coming back here again. Big fans.

1 Thank Sean M
Holyoke, Massachusetts
“Fantastic breakfast in Ballston Spa”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We walked by this place the afternoon we arrived in town and saw that it was already closed. The menu posted in the menu looked fantastic, and we decided to skip our free hotel continental breakfast in order to try this place and it did not disappoint. The place was busy, but we were still seated within a few minutes. The atmosphere was very nice and the staff was extremely polite. We were greeting by the owner who was very enthusiastic. I had the steak and eggs, and my wife had the bananas foster waffles. This place is a two and a half hour drive from my house and me and the wife are already making plans to go back just to eat here and then drive home. It was one of the best meals my wife had ever had, and mine wasn't too shabby either.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Corbin G
Amsterdam, New York
“Expensive Waffles”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a great place. It was over $40 to feed my family of four (two small children) a small brunch, but it was yummy. Little one loved the oatmeal, and bigger one loved the grilled cheese on a waffle. My husband and I got sandwiches on a waffle. When they said waffle, I thought waffle, but got more of a crepe. I was kind of hungry when I left.

Visited January 2014