“A Favorite!”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Favorite!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Love coming here. Staff is always friendly and attentive even with a full house. The food is delicious. I always get the same thing, Eggplant Rolatini. Soooooo good. Food always comes out hot and in a reasonable time. A great place to go for couples or with a family. I have nothing bad to say about this place.

Ballston Spa, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great consistant food and service”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

three olives in ballston spa is great consistant food with friendly wait staff, the interior is pleasant ,clean and comfortable.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Kevin T
Upstate New York
“Great experience”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were going out just for pizza on a Friday night but that restaurant was beyond full so decided to try Three Olives. Great decision as the meals we had were excellent - and the quantity was that lunch the next day was a treat as well. I had the evening special which was sausage and peppers, my wife, lasagna. Both of our meals were perfectly done with even the salad being good. The only 'downer' was mentioned by another and that the rolls were cold - but then, who cares with everything else being so good (would have preferred bread anyhow). The dessert cart was brought around, but being full, passed on it - but the folks at the table next to ours were all saying how good the canolis were as well as a piece of cake

1 Thank JDW04
New York
“Italian without olive oil?”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice entry and decor, lovely service, very tasty house salad.
Cold bread. Scampi, and beans and greens made with garlic salt and margarine. Not a hint of fresh garlic or olive oil in any of four dishes. Red sauce tasted canned. Shellfish was cooked perfectly, but less than fresh.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lindal51
Nick R, Owner at Three Olives, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Lindal51,

I want to start off by saying I am sorry that your visit was less than what you had hoped. We strive to make every visit for every customer the best it can be. With that being said, I would like to add that every meal is made with fresh garlic, from when it is first being put together, to adding more during the final stages of preparation. Also, we are an Italian restaurant and do not even have margarine in the building. My Italian mom makes the greens and beans, and doesn't even believe in using margarine, only olive oil. As well as all chefs in the building, we only use olive oil. As for the sauce, that is homemade, in which all fresh ingredients are mixed together and put on the stove to cook for hours before it is added to any meal, and this is made frequently through the week.
Again, I do apologize that your visit was less then expected, but do hope that you give us another try.
Nick R., Owner
Charleston, SC
“Why Trip Advisor Works.....Three Olives Suggestion Hits Bullseye!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had the opportunity last week to play travel agent for the night with my Mother-in-law and Father-in-law. Meandering through New York in a rental car they decided to stop in a town called Balston Spa. Not knowing anything about it , they called me and asked. No problem.....a few clicks later I'm on trip advisor....boom badda bing....few more clicks and I tell them the top rated hotel and where to get the best Italian dinner. It worked.. Her review...." The Best Italian meal of my entire life(73)" Other notes, don't be misled by outside of restaurant...it's in a strip mall type situation but service was AAA++++ nice clean decor, portions are HUGE........salads were cold and crisp.....the home made marinara sauce is a must. AND it didn't break the bank.
A Trip Advisor Win!!