“It was nice”

Dining options: Reservations
Albany, New York
“It was nice”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This restaurant is average. The food was good, the service was very good the price was alright. We went on wine Wednesday and that meant that each glass was half price. Good for us so we had two a piece. My friend ordered eggplant parm which came with zita on the side. She said it was really good. I ordered Chicken Francais which came with zita with marinara. When I ordered I asked if my pasta could be placed on my plate instead of putting marinara on it. The waitress said sure but there is a charge. Really..... I don't know about anyone else but I don't like mixing sauces. I asked her if they could not put the marinara on the zita and take some of the other sauce on it and she said sure but that is a higher charge. I put the plain zita on my dish when I got my dinner and there was plenty of sauce for it. My dinner was good. Oh by the way they only have one salad dressing an italian vinegarette. It was pretty good. For dessert we had a cannoli which were really wonderful. They were fresh and plenty for after dinner.
We might go back again and try some of the other dishes. While we were waiting we saw some very appetizing food pass by.

1 Thank slc1255

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Awesome Meal and GREAT Service”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were coming from Philadelphia for few days to this area. We have friends in this area that we hadn't seen in a long, long time. Our friends made reservations - although they had never been to this restaurant, they were told by friends that this was a great place so decided to make reservations. We weren't disappointed. I think that our waiter's name was Robert and he was outstanding...attentive and accommodating. We started out with the mozzarella and tomatoes as well as some calamari as appetizers....delicious and generous portions. We had the veal parmesean - the portion was HUGE and some of the best that I have ever tasted. We also had the eggplant rottini...a good choice... We also had the shrimp scampi - plentiful and delicious and lastly, clams and shrimp over linguine. The only disappointment was the salad - too much dressing over limp greens... We would have preferred the dressing on the side. All of the entrees which came past our table had more than ample portions and prices were reasonable. Our reservations were at 7 and the restaurant was full on this Saturday evening, so it would seem that it would be wise to plan ahead. Since we hadn't seen our friends in a long, time, we sat and talked until closing and we never felt any pressure to leave (even when we were the only patrons left in the restaurant) . We were even offered more water. The atmosphere is casual so you could either dress up or dress down.

Greenfield Center, New York
“customer service says a lot”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We made a same day reservation. We were seated at a four spot table facing the kitchen and rest rooms, our place settings were on the same end. Our server was prompt. We were directly under a ceiling fan which was causing quite a draft. When asked if the fan could be turned off, we were told "no", they were all on the same switch. There was no offer to move our seats. Speaking of seats, mine was on the pass-by route of the wait staff. After being hit 3 times by servers, I shifted to the inside of table. Not a good start. I ordered the Bella Gnocchi, as recommended by our server. . . "three kinds of mushrooms- delicious". The first disappointment was the salad that came with the dinner, it was swimming in dressing. (ask for it on the side) and the next disappointment was the Bella, 98% gnocchi, a hint of mushrooms and a flyby in terms of the sauce. I could see the potential in that dish. This was a return visit after initially visiting with friends. We were hoping this would be a favorite haunt, ah. . . not yet.

1 Thank everythingreen
New York City, New York
“3 olives = 5 stars”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This restaurant is just a short drive from Saratoga Springs. With most the of restaurants in Saratoga being completely packed during track season, we decided to try something a little off the beaten path.

The restaurant is located in a strip mall and there is plenty of parking. Don't be dissuaded by the location. We went on a Saturday night around 6:30 without reservations. The restaurant was already busy and we were politely told there would be a 15-20 minute wait and we could sit at the bar while waiting for a table. The bartender was friendly and drinks were reasonably priced.

We waited about 20 minutes for a booth. The waitress asked if this was our first visit, we said yes. We ordered the chicken parm and chicken Sorrento. We started with the bruschetta. A salad was included with the dinner. The salad dressing was put on very heavy (which I happen to like) but it can be requested on the side for those who want less dressing. But the time we finished the salads and bruschetta (which was great) we were nearly full.

There was a bit of a problem the night we were there with the wait staff. Couldn't figure out exactly what was going on, but our dinners were given to another table. Instead of those people telling them it wasn't theirs, they proceeded to eat our dinners, which were nothing like what they had ordered. They clearly knew these weren't their dinners! What pigs! Our waitress was mortified. We actually felt bad for her. After sorting out what happened, our dinners finally arrived. Both dinners had very large portions. Well prepared and delicious.

They did the right thing and comped our entire meal. The pigs at the next table actually were comped as well AND given their original meals to take home. That was a bit over the top and not necessary. But, the owners are working hard to make this a great place and want to please everyone.

The décor is lovely, the menu is great, the food is outstanding and the owners deserve much success.

I would recommend this as a great alternative to downtown Saratoga.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JudyMetroNYCarea
Boston, MA
“Superb pizza”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The staff is very attentive and friendly and the pizza is among the best we have ever had. They are busy, so call ahead for a reservation. If you are visiting the area on vacation and seeking a good family restaurant with good food at reasonable prices, give 3 Olives a try.

• Visited August 2013