“Just a bad night, perhaps”
Review of 51 Front Wine Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

51 Front St Bistro always was one of my two favorite restaurants and I was especially with the new owners. That was until my last visit. Sitted next to the bar it was very noisy, couldn't even have a conversation. Several young women at the bar and even a new baby! Instead of the owner trying to quiet the group she participated. The waitress had trouble remembering who got which menu items even though there were only three in our party. She didn't seem familar with any of the dishes either, not knowing which meatball was lamb because she didn't eat lamb! The food was bland and lack luster, not even close to previous experiences. After a $200+ bill I swore I'd never go back. However, I'm reading many positive reviews since my visit, so I hope it was just a bad night!

There are newer reviews for 51 Front Wine Bar & Bistro

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have always enjoyed going to 51 Front Street Bistro, and were surprised to hear that there were new owners. All the ambiance is still there, and if possible, the food is even better! We both appreciated the wonderful attention of our server, who was a lot of fun, and also a personal visit at our table from the owner. We will be back for another visit soon because although their claim to have "the best fried chicken you have ever had" proved true, there were many other things on the menu we want to try! Also, check out the wine list, lots of good ones to choose from!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was my first visit to 51 Front. It is such a warm, cozy place with a nice bar. We had wine, appetizers, main course, and dessert which were all delicious. I had the rabbit which I highly recommend. I will definitely be visiting this lovely restaurant again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The expertise and inventiveness the chef shows in preparation,presentation and ingenuity are unsurpassed within the Capital; District. But the more you come the less I will be able to and thats all I'll say about it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and myself have been in the Albany area for the last 24 years and still miss the ample choices of good restaurants in other areas that are not present in Albany and its sorroundings. Last Saturday was an expection, when we visited this very nice restaurant for the first time.
What a great choice that was!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Albany area, so deprived of restaurants that are not part of chains, and so deprived of above the average restaurants, has in this one a perfect example of what is needed in this area. The owners are a couple, the husband is the chef and the wife is the hostess. So, she was the first face we saw when we got into the restaurant. She was a great first impression. The waitress was as well pleasant and very attentive to details, and the food was great.
On a cold evening like that one was, the butternut squash soup was perfect, delicious and as warm as I needed it. My husband's entree was a steak that he enjoyed from beginning to end and the next day (yesterday) he was still telling me what an excellent chef that restaurant has.

I recommend 51 Front to anybody looking to have an out of the ordinary and very pleasant dining experience in the Albany area.