“Great unique restaurant that offers large gluten free menu”

The Whistling Kettle
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Whistling Kettle is a full service cafe and tea room with a diverse menu offering for everyone. Paninis, crepes, artisan soups, plenty of salad choices, home made scones, tea sandwiches, beer and wine and over 150+ types of tea. We also offer all our tea in bulk as well as a full line of merchandise.
Barto, PA
“Great unique restaurant that offers large gluten free menu”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I use an app on my phone called find me gluten free and it will pinpoint restaurants that offer gluten free menus. This is how I found the Whistling Kettle, which happened to be within walking distance of my daughters new apartment. We had a very enjoyable meal here. The service was good and the menu selections are unique and vast for a tea "house". They have this adorable section called something like the sniffing station where you can "sniff" all the various teas they have for sale. Anyway back to the for. The gluten free menu has a lit of items and tyou can even order a full tea luncheon with three courses. which I did. They have gluten free bread for the sandwiches and they had a flour less cake as the desert selection. I wish they would have had gluten free scones. I love scones and clotted cream. The portions are not your typical tea room size, they are MUCH larger which is great. They offer paninnis, crepes, tea sandwiches, club sandwiches, soups, salads, desserts. Really a great little restaurant. must try if you are in the area

• Visited June 2013

New York
“Awesome little spot”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

What a wonderful little place! After a two days of driving and shopping, this place was a surprising treat. My panini -- ham, apricot jam, brie, and sliced peaches on ciabatta -- was to die for; my daughter says that all she ever orders is the turkey/brie/cranberry sauce/ciabatta panini because it's that good. The people on either side of us both ordered the 3-course afternoon tea, which is wonderfully presented on a 3-tier server and looked equally wonderful. The selection of teas is a bit overwhelming, there's also excellent french press coffee, and on a previous visit I thoroughly enjoyed one of their wonderful lemonades. And on top of all the wonderful food, our waiter was a joy! All in all, a great lunch!

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Lunch with Evie!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a great lunch with my famous wife! Great food...the quiche, the red pepper soup, salad....so good! Don't forget the french press coffee!

Schenectady, New York
“Quaint experience!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have frequented this tea house often & always enjoyed the variety & selection of teas & food. Quiche is especially tasty as are the paninis. Desserts are yummy! The center tables are rather cramped & crowded, but still a fun place to have lunch.

Scotia, New York
“Good service, good food, amazing teas”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Strawberry kiwi and lemon soufflé iced teas began our lunch. We had the vegetarian panini with kettle salad. Both very good. We plan to stop back soon.