“A true destination for tea lovers in Ballston Spa, NY”

The Whistling Kettle
Cuisines: American, Soups, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Whistling Kettle is a full service cafe and tea room with a diverse menu offering for everyone. Paninis, crepes, artisan soups, plenty of salad choices, home made scones, tea sandwiches, beer and wine and over 150+ types of tea. We also offer all our tea in bulk as well as a full line of merchandise.
Ballston Spa, New York
“A true destination for tea lovers in Ballston Spa, NY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Yes, it is a "Tea Room". Scones,soups,quiche, salads, tea sandwiches and the like. They also have a very nice gluten free menu too. Their pannini sandwiches are better than the ones we had in Italy! I highly recommend the "Ballstonian." This is a very busy place around the lunch time hour, so plan accordingly. If you do have to wait, there is a nice antique shop next door (Daisy Dry Goods) to help you kill the time. Whistling Kettle has a very nice outdoor seating area that is popular during the warmer weather. Oh, and did I forget to mention the teas? There must be a hundred teas listed in the menu and to help you with your decision, they have a tea sniffing bar where you can open a jar and take a wiff. Nice. Then you only have to decide if you want it hot or iced. Service is swift and polite. The place is warm with beautiful brick walls and wood floors. You can even bring your dog and sit outside-they brought ours a bowl of water on the hot day we were there last summer. I love to bring guests here. They are always surprised and delighted. Ballston Spa is proud to have this family owned and run restaurant

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ethosian

Clifton Park, New York
“Atmosphere Devine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is such a special property. It is really beautiful inside and has a unique wonderful atmosphere. They do only serve sandwiches, soup and salad which is a little disappointing, but the decor makes up for it. The sandwiches run at abut $10.00, so on the expensive side for a sandwhich, but does come with salad. A cute place for a first coffee-date.

Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Great food and tea”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband, my sister, and I love the Whistling Kettle. We only go there when we are in upstate NY visiting family. However, every time has been a great experience, and we make a point to go - sometimes more than once. We love the afternoon tea. This past time I had the quiche, salad, and scone, oh, and tea. It was to die for. I have not been to the Whistling Kettle in several years, but they have remodeled during that time. I think it has improved the ambiance. I look forward to going every time I am in the area.

• Visited December 2012
Albany, New York
“Whistling Kettle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The tea selection is amazing. I can't imagine they wouldn't have what you are looking for or if you would like to explore new tea options. I will say that my tea has not been warm enough the last two times I have gone. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere and great food. My quiche was wonderful. My daughter's salad was wonderful as was our cranberry orange scone. The previous time I went, I had the eggplant panini which was also terrific. Our waiter was awkward today as was our service but overall I would recommend the place. It isn't cheap, but the quality is there.

• Visited December 2012
Christiansted, St. Croix
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tea selection around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

The lunches there are top quality and if you cannot find a tea you like, then it isn't made anywhere. Friendly wait staff and great food; what better combination?

Visited August 2012