“Consistently good.”

Dining options: Reservations
Albany, New York
“Consistently good.”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My family has gone to Good Times at least a dozen times now over the past 9 months that we've lived in Ballston Spa, NY. My wife loves everything about it. The only downside I find is the price, it's a bit overpriced all things considered. We love sitting on the outside deck overlooking Ballston Lake. The Saratoga chips can't be beat.

The kids menu is OK. MY son, who is a considers chicken strips fine dining, doesn't like those made by Good Times for some reason. Of the four of us he is really the only one that doesn't like going to Good Times. I'm not saying this restaurant isn't for kids, I think it is.

Sanford, North Carolina
“Where is the salad?”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Although the food was good it was oddly served. My husband had Eggplant Parm and they did not serve it with a salad or bread. The dinners are pricey enough to warrent being served a salad and I have never heard of offering Italian food without bread. They took our order and after 15 minutes they came back and said they were out of the pork flank steak that I had ordered. I ordered a Chef Salad which was served in a taco bowl.It took quite a long to for our food to arrive. They were not especialy busy either. The server was pleasant but we probably won't go back again.

Albany, New York
“Dreadful! The worse lunch we ever had!”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

My spouse and I and another couple had lunch at the Good Time restaurant. I had a hamburger that was large and very much overcooked. My spouse had a fish thing that was a mixture of couscous and some other things. She wondered about the fish and said it was awful We really wanted a salad, but they had NO salad material in the kitchen. We had to order several times because they lacked the ingredients. I returned my boutique beer to the bar because it was undrinkable and settled for a lite bud. Service was very slow. We used a Groupon coupon for a $20 savings. The bill came to about $52 including the discount. On the up side, there was a nice view of the lake and we did enjoy two plates pf home-made Saratoga chips.

2 Thank esccec2016
Clifton Park, New York
“Great Family Dining!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We recently ate at Good Times and had a wonderful evening. The kids were thrilled with the bowl of popcorn that greeted us on the table and loved sitting by the fireplace while we waited for our meals. For an appetizer, we shared an order of Saratoga Chips and they were a hit! We all enjoyed our entrees and the service was ideal. Our daughter was thrilled by the fact that we could actually have a conversation with each other because it wasn't as noisy as the local chains tend to be. As the kids said, it's definitely a "do over."

• Visited February 2012
Albany, NY
“Tradition!”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Good Times has been here for years and many of us frequent it occasionally to support the business. The food is spotty and service can be vexing, but it's a landmark in the area and worth trying.