“Good for stopover”
Review of The Red Mill Inn

The Red Mill Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baldwinsville
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed for one night.Baldwinsville does not seem a touristy area and we stayed at the Inn en route to Niagara Falls.
The Inn is attractivly situated by the Lake Eerie canal. The hotel staff are most welcoming. The room was large and very clean but dark as was the insde of the hotel.
I would advise going out for breakfast as there is not much on offer at the Inn. A very unealthy breakfast in fact but filled a hole!!
This hotel is fine for a stopover.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janice H
There are newer reviews for The Red Mill Inn

Reviewed July 4, 2010

This was our second stay at this hotel. The first experience last winter was good with a large comfortable room so we booked a second visit. We were very disappointed this time around due to following issues:
- Room was VERY small and set up for a single person, not a couple (i.e. only one chair in room. small bed, small room size).
- The hot water faucet handle in the bathroom was broken and had to be fixed (the woman at the front desk replied 'oh, I think I remember that being an issue' and then she fixed it herself).
- The hotel seemed to be short staffed. Everytime we went to the front desk, there was no one there and we had to call for someone to assist us. There seemed to be only one staff person on duty who had to attend to everything.
- No kleenex in the bathroom.
- No bottle opener in the entire hotel...the staff could not even find one in the 'kitchen' area.
- There was a red 'detector' light on wall next to bed that kept flashing and was very bright during the night...this should be located on a wall where it is not flashing in the sleepers eyes.
- The Continental breakfast was very lacking in selection and variety. Breads and pastries were about the only offerings. And there was No milk!!
- I realize that most of these 'issues' are minor and trivial in nature but at $150 per night, I would not have expected these issues and do expect a LOT more value for all my money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mainiac854
ske1980, General Manager at The Red Mill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2010

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some dissatisfaction during your recent stay. All 32 of our guest rooms from our smaller studio rooms to our expansive loft suites, are unique in size and shape. We have rooms and suites to accommodate all size parties. If the room you had reserved was not as expected, we are always glad to find a different room that suits your needs. As a small, 32 room property, our staff is required to perform many jobs throughout the inn. There is always a staff member ready to assist 24 hours a day by dialing the desk from any phone in the inn. As for your other concern, I will make sure that they are address with each department involved. Thank you for your business. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future as our guest.

Steve Einbinder

Reviewed June 29, 2010

We had a graduation in Baldswinville and our brother-in-law recommended The Red Mill Inn based on its location near the Erie canal lock 24. The rooms very spacious and clean. The staff was very accomidating for the entire family for entire needs. We used their libary for family card games for free, we got extra towels after checking out when we got soaked in the rain, gave new room keys when we lost them, etc. It was a great stay. The only negative thing was the air conditioners are "green", so when the motion detector doesn't sense anyone in the room the temp goes to 75. I don't move enough while I sleep to keep the temp at 72 while I am sleeping...we slept with just a sheet after the first night. They also had a a computer in the front lobby that you could use for email, facebook, etc with a printer, so I could print my boarding pass. Also free wireless everywhere for those in the family with wireless devices.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2010

This was my 6th trip to CNY ("Central New York"), and this time instead of staying in Oswego, I tried the colorful and picturesque Red Mill Inn in Baldwinsville, just
outside of Syracuse. The place was as pretty on the outside and inside as its
website promised. Excellent service, comfortable and well-appointed rooms,
decent continental breakfast, and a location right along the water. Yes, the
soothing "lapping" sounds of the New York canal system were as relaxful
as one could imagine.
For motorsports fans who always have to look early and long for places in
and around Oswego on Memorial Day and Labor Day race weekends, I
would strongly-recommend the Red Mill Inn. Much nicer than anything in
Oswego, and it's just a pleasant half-hour drive through the countryside,
with Fulton (a town with its own racetrack) about mid-way.
Strongest statement I can make is: next time I visit CNY, I WILL stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank LeftCoastTim
Reviewed March 29, 2010

My son (age 8) and I stayed at the Red Mill Inn from Thursday till Sunday this week (March 2010) while we were attending the NCAA East Regional Men's Basketball event at the Carrier Dome. The hotel was about a 20 minute drive to the dome.

The hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The young man at the front desk chatted with us about restaurants, stores, and local events. We chatted about fishing and my son was thrilled when he hooked a huge carp on the shore next to the hotel.

The breakfast at the hotel was very good. We had warm meals with waffles, cinnamon French toast, bagels, English muffins, Danishes, coffee, and juice. We also got free coffee in the room.

The bedroom and bathroom was very clean and nicely decorated. There were old-fashioned soaps and shampoo provided made from oats and honey. Our window overlooked the river. At night, spotlights made the flowing river water change color.

On our trip we went to the Rosamond Gifford Zoo, Bass Pro Shops (Auburn), Carousel Mall, North Mall, Salmon Mall (Watertown), and Gander Mountain.

Overall, the Red Mill Inn was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Ottawa-Jim
Reviewed November 27, 2009

We stayed at the mill on the way east to New Hampshire based upon reviews I found on-line. It turned out to be a great choice with a very nicely appointed room right along the canal. The mill sits on a small penisula between the river and the canal, a scenic spot. There are some restaurant and shopping choices within walking distance so plan some time to explore this nice small town.

The front desk service during reservations, check in and out were friendly and proficient.

The repurposing of an old mill into a inn was a nice way to keep an important structure viable. The huge timbering that was left exposed is just amazing. We intend to come back during the summer when you get more boat traffic transiting the canal, I can imagine they get a really fun party going then.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WanderingRusty
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Red Mill Inn. The room was clean, spacious and had a great view of the river. We were able to sleep with our window open and hear the water flowing at night. There was a free concert in the park near the Inn that we enjoyed. We had a great dinner at the restaurant across the street then enjoyed a walk through the neighborhood filled with beautiful older homes. The staff was very helpful, courteous, and professional. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank KellyCord
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldwinsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse
K&G Lodge
K&G Lodge
#6 of 11 in Oswego
Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel

Been to The Red Mill Inn? Share your experiences!