“Love this place!”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When visiting the area, our favoite is Tassone's. We usually stop in for an early dinner, sit in a booth at the bar overlooking the river. Hubby orders pasta which is always fabulous - this time he had the home made ravis, and I had "Tassone's Special Salad". The salad is enough for 3 meals, very fresh with grilled chicken breast, boiled egg, cheese, romaine, roasted red peppers. Their fresh hot bread is to die for! Then, for desert...oh my! Several home made choices including oreo fudge pie. Service is great, prices are reasonable, wine list is huge, parking is plentiful if you get there early enough. Reservations recommended after 6:00pm.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I end up here 2 or 3 times a year. Always reliably good hearty Italian food, a decent bar area (with snacks if you happen to catch an occasional happy hour). Decent service. popular with local residents. Not overly fancy for decor, can get a little noisy when it's full, but the portions are good & the food always tasty.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Visited Tassones on the recommendation of a friend. Our experience was poor from the start. When we were deciding on our entrees, the waiter (heavyset, mid 40's and balding)advised us that he was very busy and pressured us into ordering quickly by telling us repeatedly how busy he was. When our entrees arrived, the eggplant parm was served different from the norm. Rather than being cut into round slices and fried, it was cut lengthwise and baked with what seemed like more breadcrumbs than actual eggplant.. The pasta was overcooked with flavorless sauce. It is not typical eggplant parm. The other entree was chesapeake chicken which states on the menu that it was chicken topped with broccoli, crab meat, mozzarella, and hollandaise sauce. It was in fact topped with imitation crab meat. We very rarely express dissatisfaction at restaurants, and if we are unhappy with a meal, we just do not return. When we VERY NICELY brought our concerns to the waiter, he very abruptly and rudely cut us off and said ill go get the owner and walked away in mid conversation. When Mary arrived at our table, we could tell underneath her business persona, she was agitated that we were unhappy. When we stated that the menu had stated crab meat, and NOT imitation crab meat, she made us feel uncomfortable by insisting repeatedly "well, of course everybody knows its not real crab meat due to the price". It seems that we somehow were at fault for expecting to be served what was described on the menu.Our interpretation of the situation is that she likely misrepresents what she is serving on the menu probably to save a couple bucks figuring that nobody could tell the difference when she covers it with hollandaise sauce. When we were ready to leave, the waiter actually TOSSED the leftovers on the table and spun around and walked away. I was absolutely horrified at the nastiness and vindictive attitude that I received. I have never been talked down to or treated so rudely by waitstaff, and for the first time in my life, i left a zero tip. Not only will i never return, but i will strongly recommend for all of my friends to avoid this place.

7  Thank vanessa32256
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great food, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices and it's close to home.
The best Italian restaurant in Baldwinsville.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Tassones for several years now. The dining room is very nice but we like to sit in the sports bar and play quick draw lottery while we dine. Our favorite employee is John. John usually works the bar and waits on tables. He is amazing. All the staff are very pleasant and accommodating. I have never been unhappy with my meal. The pasta meals and seafood are amazing and the steak is very distinctive. A king cut of prime rib will feed two hungry people. The dessert selection is limited but they are all absolutely mouthwatering. Make reservations on special nights,.